eleven

Friendly Fire 

Chapter Eleven: A Surefire Way... 

"Keep your hopes up high and your head down low." 

-All I Want, A Day to Remember 

Arlo scrambled around his room looking for his wallet, nearly hitting his head on the shelf in his closet

Arlo scrambled around his room looking for his wallet, nearly hitting his head on the shelf in his closet. Noah had helped him decorate his room when he moved in and had hung some posters for him the night before. Stiles had been the one to agree to help him with the posters but the older boy had been avoiding him since the night in the woods. 

Arlo didn't know why his friend was avoiding him. But he figured that Stiles needed time to process everything that had happened over the past few weeks. Well, that's what he had thought at first. Soon enough Arlo realized that Stiles was talking to everybody but him. Arlo thoroughly enjoyed Stiles's company, his time. Arlo thought that Stiles had felt the same way.

All Stiles could think about was prank night. But as Scott's voice filled the phone and Stiles looked around the school his eyes settled on Arlo's locker, suddenly all Stiles could think about was Arlo. The way that he had been ignoring Arlo specifically. At first, it was because Stiles didn't like thinking about Arlo as his friend. But when Stiles could see the shadow of someone else's hands reaching out to touch Arlo in tandem with his, Stiles knew that something was wrong.

Something so wrong that Arlo could get hurt as a result.

Stiles jumped when Scott appeared behind him suddenly. He hung up the phone with a disgruntled sigh, anxiety still making its home inside of his chest.

"What's wrong dude? I didn't scare you that badly did I?" Scott teased his best friend, hitting him on the shoulder playfully.

"I wanted to kiss him." Stiles blurted out, without thinking.

Scott looked at him bewildered, not expecting that Stiles would have figured out that he liked Arlo. Also not expecting him to admit it out loud either.

"Why didn't you?"

"Because something is wrong."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Arlo was pretty sure that he was going to either lose feeling in his left hand or his left arm was going to be pulled out of socket, and it was going to happen soon. Ethan and Aiden have made their newest hobby following around Scott and Arlo until Scott agreed to let them join his pack. Now, as Arlo's newest best friend and avid hater of the twins, Isaac was not a happy camper about this development. Hence why Arlo's left arm was currently fighting for its life holding onto Isaac's hand to stop him starting a fist fight.

"In fact, I don't know why we're not impaling them right now."

"You want to try?"

Emphasis on the fist fight, because Isaac has such a way with words.