twenty-three

Friendly Fire

Chapter Twenty-Three: A Watery Genesis

"We could cry a little, cry a lot. Don't stop dancing, don't dare stop." 

-Heartbreak Feels So Good, Fall Out Boy

Caspian was really starting to question agreeing to this, especially as he had to watch Stiles stare at Arlo like a lost puppy

Caspian was really starting to question agreeing to this, especially as he had to watch Stiles stare at Arlo like a lost puppy. He really didn't mind Stiles, perhaps he was just envious of how well Stiles could express his emotions. Caspian sighed as he offered his arm to Lydia, the soft dirt they were walking on wasn't the most stable for the heels she was wearing.

"This doesn't seem so bad." Stiles chirped, spreading his arms out.

"It's a little bad, love." Arlo countered, turning to walk backwards so he could see Caspian and Lydia.

"It's not the town, it's the plan." Lydia clarified. Tipping her head in Arlo's direction to signify she agreed with him.

"What's wrong with the plan?" Stiles asked, baffled. He was confident, for the most part.

"Stilinski, this plan sucks and you know it." Caspian poked holes in Stiles's confidence.

"I'm aware it's not our best." Stiles did his best to boost morale, but Caspian and Lydia's stares made him want to hide. He had to grab Arlo's hand for a quick moment of moral support.

"We are going to die." Lydia emphasized.

"Maybe we should-" Arlo began but was soon cut off by Stiles and Lydia bickering.

"Are you saying that as a Banshee, or you're just being pessimistic?"

"I'm saying it as a person who doesn't wanna die."

"Okay. Would you mind restricting any talk of death to actual Banshee predictions?"

"This plan is stupid and we're going to die."

"You two! Shut up!" Caspian ended the argument easily. "Arlo was talking."

Arlo smiled at Caspian, giving him a silent 'thank you', "I was just going to say that maybe we shouldn't make so much noise. Plus we're here."

"Sorry." Lydia and Stiles mumbled. Before Lydia cleared her throat to speak with the two men guarding the door of the club they were trying to enter. "¿Estamos aquí para la fiesta?"

The two men shook their heads and one of them laughed silently, his shoulders jolting up and down.

"Cállate y déjanos entrar." Caspian said as he held up the calling card of the Calavera's. They were let in soon after and were led to the bar. Four shot glasses were filled to the brim and placed in front of them. Caspian downed one immediately and Arlo passed him his as well.