twenty-nine

Friendly Fire

Chapter Twenty-Nine: To Fall Back Together

"You were an arsehole, face it."

-Yoko, Maisie Peters

The drive home awkwardly silent again for Arlo and Stiles

The drive home awkwardly silent again for Arlo and Stiles. But one of them needed to break the silence, take that first step to bridge the gap between them.

"I love how much you care. But seeing you care about people that I don't know is hard to watch sometimes." Stiles started the conversation off quietly.

"Can you tell me what's hard about it? So I can understand your feelings better?" Arlo's fingers fluttered over his legs.

"Put simply, it's jealousy. But like it's different." It was hard to tell if Stiles was aggravated with the conversation or if he was aggravated with his own speech.

"What's the not different kind of jealousy?" Pulling into the driveway came at the best time because it gave Stiles the opportunity to fully face Arlo after his question.

"You know where one person does something that can be misunderstood. A touch that lingers too long or a text that seems off." Stiles took the hand that Arlo offered, the younger could tell that this was the first time that Stiles was having a conversation like this.

"Okay." Arlo ran a thumb over the back of Stiles's hand. "There wasn't anything of that nature that made you feel jealous. Do you know when you first started to get upset?"

The question sat in the air for a moment before Stiles could give the matching answer. "Liam had me upset before you even intervened. Seeing him do so well and seeing how much you cared was just a sandwich of unhappy Stiles feelings."

Arlo let out a laugh as Stiles descriptor, the ice was now officially broken. All it took was a laugh that ended up being contagious for a moment.

"I'm not going to choose anyone else, Stiles." A kiss ghosted Stiles's forehead.

"I'm not going to choose anyone else, Arlo." Was whispered against Arlo's lips.

They would always do right by each other.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚

Liam was having a rough couple of days. First he accidentally ran over an upperclassman who then forcefully adopted him, then he got his leg broken by some asshole upperclassman who both know the upperclassman that forcefully adopted him, next he got bit by one of the upperclassman who broke him, and to finish the night off he got kidnapped by the same guy who bit him. Right now he was trying to power walk to class but he got stopped by the asshole upperclassmen from practice. Well, there were only two of them. It was just Scott and Stiles, Isaac was nowhere in sight and Liam was thanking the universe that he didn't have to deal with all three of them right now.