thirty

Friendly Fire

Chapter Thirty: An Accidental Party

"But its not real and you don't exist."

-Ceilings, Lizzie McAlpine

Fingers were being pointed in the foyer of Lydia Martin's lake house

Fingers were being pointed in the foyer of Lydia Martin's lake house. The words falling from Liam's mouth still didn't make sense. I mean, supernatural creatures? That was for the movies and certain diagnoses that Liam didn't have but he couldn't speak for anyone else. He couldn't meet Arlo's eyes and he stepped away from Caspian's touch. This whole thing had to be some kind of sick joke. Why had the two of them even bothered with being nice to him and making him think that they cared if they were just going to help their friends mess with him.

"Werewolf?" Liam's finger pointed toward Scott and Isaac.

"Werecoyote?" Malia nodded.

"Banshee?" Lydia awkwardly raised her hand.

"Fox?" Liam blinked confusedly as he pointed at Kira.

"Kitsune. But "fox" works." She lightly corrected.

"Reincarnation, right?" Arlo nodded with a smile and thumbs up.

"What are you two?" Liam finally landed on Stiles and Caspian.

"Uh, for a little while, I was possessed by an evil spirit. It was very evil." Stiles winced as he spoke.

"What are you now?" Arlo couldn't hide his laugh at the interaction.

"Better?" Arlo's laughter only grew at his boyfriend's response.

"I'm just annoyed." Caspian supplied popping a mint he stole from Isaac in his mouth.

There was a brief moment of awkward silence before Liam asked about the restraints on the floor. He was getting visibly more aggravated and none of them knew exactly what they should do. Liam began to yell but he suddenly cut himself off.

"What's wrong? Liam?" Scott questioned.

"You don't hear that?" Liam's words fought their way through gritted teeth.

"Did you tell someone about this?" Lydia panicked.

"My friend, Mason." A collective wince spread across the group as they heard Lydia sigh. "You said it was a party."

"And Mason invited everyone." Isaac spoke up. "How nice of him."

From his knelt down position Liam's growing claws began to dig into the floor. "The floors! Get him off the floors!"

"We need to get him to the boathouse-- now!" Scott scooped Liam up off the floor and dragged him to the boathouse with Kira in tow.

Arlo moved to go with him but Caspian caught his arm. "I've got our runt, you go greet people."