thirty-two

Friendly Fire

Chapter Thirty-Two: Poison

"And all my ghosts are with me, I know you feel them too." 

-All My Ghosts, Lizzy McAlpine 

Caspian had not been expecting to be soaking wet but here he was

Caspian had not been expecting to be soaking wet but here he was. After the wonderful interaction with Brett from Devenford Prep, you could say that Liam was pretty heated. So heated that he required a surprise cold shower to settle down. Caspian was simply dragged into the shower with Liam due to the absolute death grip Liam had on his hand.

"Okay, you calm yet?" Stiles stammered out.

"You better be calm because I am over being a drowned rat." Caspian grumbled out, not making an effort to have Liam loosen the grip on his hand.

"Okay! Okay!" Liam relented, drawing in a deep breath.

"That car you smashed." Scott's voice trailed off slightly. "I thought you said that was your teacher's?"

"Was your teacher also your coach?" Arlo piped up. A smile on his face as he made all of them jump, a stack of towels in his hands.

"He benched me for the entire season." Liam confirmed. His voice slightly muffled due to him drying off his face.

"What did you do for him to bench you for the entire season?" Caspian asked dodging Isaac's wandering hands after splashing the taller boy.

"I got a couple of red cards." Liam did his best to make himself smaller when he saw Caspian and Arlo's matching parental looks.

"Just a couple?" Stiles's sarcasm was as strong as ever.

"I think there's a bit more to this story than what you're giving us." Isaac's chin was rested on Caspian's shoulder, not even really minding his boyfriend's wet shirt.

"I got kicked out of school. They sent me to a psychologist for an evaluation." If only Liam could melt away into a puddle. Maybe then he could avoid this conversation.

"What did they call it?" Scott asked his beta.

The only person Liam could look in the eye was Caspian. He wasn't a monster to Caspian, he wasn't a monster. Those words rattled around in Liam's head as he revealed the thing that he hated the most about himself.

"Intermittent explosive disorder." Arlo clamped a hand over his boyfriend's mouth, knowing that Stiles wouldn't necessarily say something helpful.

"I'm sure that diagnosis wasn't easy to hear." Liam's eyes traveled over to Arlo's when he spoke. "Not having control over your emotions is not an easy pill to swallow."

"What medication did they prescribe for you?" Caspian asked as he shook his head to get some of the water out his hair.

"Risperdal. It's an antipsychotic." The brief silence grated against Liam's ears.