twenty-one

Friendly Fire

Chapter Twenty-One: Chasing Shadows

"And just because you're screaming for my attention does not mean I will waste my time."

-Dive In, Pierce The Veil

Arlo was almost never tempted by violence, but he was seriously considering punching Void in his perfect face

Arlo was almost never tempted by violence, but he was seriously considering punching Void in his perfect face. Well, to be fair Void was copying Stiles's face which is why Arlo thought it was perfect. He did still want to punch him. Lydia's fear was holding him back, he didn't want to make her anymore scared than she already was. She was gripping his hand so tightly, but Arlo didn't mind.

"Can you hear them? Louder than usual, isn't it? Well, that's because a lot of bad things happened down here. What are the voices telling you? Are they saying that Stiles is dying?" Void's tone grated against Arlo's ears. His tone grew into taunting. "He is, you know. He's dying."

"Are you planning on shutting up soon? If you're looking for a sign, here it is." Arlo responded with a tired smirk, flipping Void the middle finger.

"What do you need me for? You think I can tell you something?" Lydia continued Arlo's line of questioning.

"Oh, I know you can." Void poked holes into Lydia's false confidence.

"I'm not telling you anything!" Lydia replied in defiance.

"You won't have to. You'll be screaming." Arlo couldn't help but snicker, used to Void's theatrics.

"Sorry." He muttered when he felt Lydia and Void's eyes on him.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Noah and Stiles were glad to be reunited. But as Stiles and Scott joined Noah at the Sheriff's station, they could all feel the hole left by Arlo.

"We got an APB out on Lydia's car and Arlo's car. Every unit on the road is looking for them." Noah informed.

"Isn't there anything else that we could do?" Scott asked, growing tired of feeling desperate.

"At this hour? No, not really." Noah sighed. His eyes keep darting over to Stiles, half expecting him to disappear.

"He took them for a reason, Dad. Look, if we can figure out the 'why,' then we'll figure out the 'where.'" Stiles spoke, anxiety shaping his figure.

"Okay. What would a Nogitsune need with a Banshee?" Noah asked out loud. "Why is he so obsessed with Arlo?"

"I don't know, Lydia's pretty good at finding dead bodies. Maybe he needs to find a body?" Stiles theorized. "Plus apparently Arlo is the reincarnation of the nogitsune's lover."