twenty-seven

Friendly Fire 

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Frayed Alliances 

"I wanna live inside your mind, next to your favorite songs." 

-Take Her to the Moon, Waterparks 

Things weren't looking good for Stiles, Scott, and Isaac

Things weren't looking good for Stiles, Scott, and Isaac. Not only was Liam catching every shot they were making while he was in goal but Caspian was starting to pick up on the animosity the three were letting off. Arlo still had his nose in the book he was annotating for Stiles. Lydia and Kira were catching each other up on their school days, Malia was the only other one who was picking up on the bad vibes. But she was excited about it and Caspian was not thrilled. Sure, Caspian was kind of mean, or selectively nice according to Arlo, but that didn't mean he liked to watch a fight. Especially when it involved Isaac and the little runt that Arlo had forced him to adopt.

It was Caspian's shift in energy that caught Arlo's attention, "Cas, you good?"

"I don't things are going well for Liam." Caspian tried to dance around the subject.

"He's catching everything, isn't that what he's supposed to do?" Arlo didn't know much about lacrosse but he definitely knew that the goalie was supposed to prevent the other team from scoring.

"That's why things aren't going well for him." Caspian muttered as he shoved his camera back into its bag.

"Is somebody being an asshole because they aren't scoring?' Arlo's eyes finally lifted from the page they were on, his head tilted with his question reminding Caspian how puppy like Arlo and Scott were.

"Oh yeah, problem is that it's our idiots being assholes." Caspian fixed the collar on his brown leather jacket before yanking Arlo up of the bleachers.

"Our idiots?" Arlo almost yelled, not understanding what would make the three of them act that way.

Apparently it was good old insecurity that was the culprit here. Scott was worried about his status as team captain, especially since Liam was so young and so talented. Him transferring did seem odd to Scott though.

"Stiles! You're scaring the children." Arlo called from his new spot next to coach.

"The children are fine, Arlo." Stiles responded briefly before turning back questioning Liam. "Hey, Liam. You want to explain what that was out there?"

"What do you mean?" Liam asked, pulling on the netting of his stick, his eyes dancing over to Arlo for a brief moment.

"That little display. Your little circus act." Stiles waved his hands around.

"What circus act?" Liam really didn't get what was happening. Clearly Stiles and Arlo were dating, but Arlo was so nice and Stiles was interrogating him like a police officer on crack.