twenty

Friendly Fire 

Chapter Twenty: Fire's Dance in Nothingness

"And if Heaven doesn't want is, would you go with me to Hell?" 

-nobody else, LANY

Arlo's ears began to ring as soon as Chris pulled out his gun

Arlo's ears began to ring as soon as Chris pulled out his gun. He doesn't remember how he got there but somehow he ended up staring down the barrel of Chris's gun.

"Move, Arlo!" Everyone chorused.

"If you shoot Void, you shoot Stiles as well." Arlo pointed out. "I know that you know that, but you won't shoot me."

"Move, Arlo." Chris repeated, his frustration building at Arlo's stubbornness.

"I'd rather not." Arlo grimaced, not feeling jazzed about the situation but still accepting it.

"You're not going to shoot either of them! Not my kids." Noah interjected, yelling at Chris.

"You said it yourself, Sheriff. That's not your son." Chris antagonized, struggling with his decision.

"It's still his body!" Arlo reminded. "And I'd rather not have a bullet hole in me, might make swimming hard."

"Put it down! Put it down!" Noah yelled, sighing mentally at Arlo's choice of sarcasm at this moment.

"Dad, he's going to shoot me. He's going to kill me, Dad." Void whimpered pretending to be Stiles to create more strife.

"Shut the hell up, Void!" Arlo snipped, his face curling up in distaste.

"Don't listen." Chris agreed, worried about Noah and his ability to think rationally in this situation.

"Put it down! Now! Do it! Put it down!" Noah continued to insist. His heart hammered against his ribcage.

Arlo grunted as Void moved his body behind his. Void shielding Arlo from the gun when he realized that Chris wasn't going to drop it. He wouldn't lose his love again, and certainly not in the same way.

"Pull the trigger! Come on!" Void encouraged, smacking his chest to draw Chris's attention. Begging and hoping that Arlo was out of Chris's line of sight.

"Listen to me, you put the gun down now!" Noah begged.

"Shoot me!" Void yelled, his eyes widening when he saw Arlo stepping in front of him again. His hand reached out and clamped around Arlo's forearm. "Darling, if you step in front of me again I can't promise the safety of your dear Stiles."

Arlo glared at Void after his warning. "I've told you to shut up already! Stiles can hold his own against you, there's a reason you haven't fully taken him over yet."

"Put the gun down!"

"Shoot me!"

"Argent, you put it down!"