much needed closure

"I don't know where they are truly. All I know is that they are safe wherever they are... and perhaps happy." Porsche said, his voice unusually soft. It sounded there was some sadness laced within his voice as well.

"Porsche... please, I beg of you." Vegas spoke, pained. He looked at Porsche with that expression that he looked at him when they broke up, the very same expression that pained him and burned him.

"I- Vegas, please. I really don't know their whereabouts." Porsche spoke again, still with the same soft-toned voice.

"How do you know they are safe then? There is something you are not telling us." Pete spoke, pointing an accusatory finger at Porsche. And Porsche cannot fault Pete in his accusations. Pete was one of the few people other than Kinn and Vegas who knew him best.

"Love..." Kinn voiced out, soft and gentle. Kinn was always gentle with him. It didn't matter the magnitude of what Porsche had done. Kinn was always gentle with him.

"Kinn... I truly don't know where they are." Porsche spoke, turning his gaze to his husband. And oh, his husband's gaze burned. It was fiery yet gentle, kind of like... he couldn't think of the correct metaphor at that moment. All he knew was that he couldn't lie to Kinn, even lying by omitting the truth.

"All I know is that they left with Kim, he promised to keep them safe." Porsche spoke, and he could see his husband flinch at the mention of his younger brother.

"Kim? Kimhan?" Kinn asked, his expression indecipherable. It was a mixture of confusion, shock, and perhaps sadness. Porsche wasn't sure.

"Kimhan Kittisawasd?" Pete asked, sounding genuinely surprised. The first time since they got to his place, Pete sounded kind of defeated like he was unprepared.

"Porsche..." Vegas spoke, and Porsche turned to look at the man who looked pained rather than shocked.

This expression Porsche understood, this was the same expression that Vegas gave him when he informed him that he took Macau away, away from this place. That he took him somewhere safe. He could recognize this expression because both him and Vegas knew the likelihood of them seeing either Fourth or Gemini again was nearly impossible. Macau had been gone for almost two decades without any contact with either of them.

"Well, if you know who they are with , then surely you can contact them again. Call Kim now." Pete demanded, Porsche looked at Vegas instead of acknowledging his former best friend's demands. It was evident that perhaps Vegas wasn't as open and honest with Pete as he was with him. Not that he blamed him, maybe after him, Vegas couldn't get himself to be honest with anyone.

"Stop looking at my husband for a fucking second and answer me Porsche." Pete said sounding frustrated, his voice laced with anger and possessiveness.

Ah! Pete really loves Vegas. Porsche noted, and it strangely made him happy. That someone at least was able to love Vegas the way he couldn't.  Porsche did love Vegas. There was a period of insanity he thought that maybe...

It didn't matter, though, Vegas and him were too different. They had different ideals and values, it wasn't because Vegas was a literal sociopath (because Kinn was no better in terms of being crazy) but it was because Kinn understood him in a way Vegas never did. Kinn was his better half, the yin to his yang. Love between them was flawless, it flowed smoothly like the water flowed in the river.

Unlike his and Vegas' love, that was an all-consuming fire. Had he not ended it, it would have been destructive. Nonetheless, he acknowledged that he hurt Vegas, and perhaps all of this was his fault...

The whole Vegas trying to kill Kinn, Pete's clear resentment towards him and maybe the hurt Vegas harbored in his heart. He took the man's only living relative, a brother he loved so much away from him only to break his heart. To top it off, he went and got together with the man's best friend, who was practically his brother. As to rub salt to the wound, they got to live a happy ever after and have children. Parading their happiness right in front of him.