₂.₀

★☆★☆★

𝖲𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖭𝖾𝖾𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝖲𝖺𝗂𝖽

★☆★☆★

The end of the week had finally shown itself, after another week of work, the two days were needed regardless. Due to some unexpected news, the whole of the country was off during the following week.

For Pablo it was another way of showing that there was one more week till the dare came to a close, meaning he had to find a way to express to Nicolle what was happening the past three weeks.

He did ask her to join him to spend the afternoon by the beach, nothing towards getting into the water to swim but focusing more on just sitting and enjoying the sound of the waves as well as each other's company.

They knew they would be seeing each other a lot this week because they had the days off, but every time Pablo had time with Nicolle he was filled with guilt of playing her, but he didn't want to lose her.

The boy was deeply lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear the sound of the car door opening and closing, he didn't sense the presence of someone who had entered his car. It was made obvious that he was thinking hard as he had a worrying facial expression.

Nicolle observed him, trying to study the boy and understand what might be the overall problem. She lightly placed her hand on his shoulder making him wake up to reality and realize she was there.

"Uh hi, sorry" He spoke this time looking into his girlfriend's eyes, seeing her worried.

"You are ok?" She asked as she witnessed her brother having done the same gesture as Pablo did right now

"Yea I am fine, let's go" The boy sighed softly, pulling the car in to drive and making his way towards the beach.

The whole car ride was filled with silence the ride there, Nicolle didn't want to speak any further, worried something might happen and Pablo didn't dare speak until they reached the beach, he needed to tell her today and if he spoke now he knew for sure he would spill out the news in the most horrible way possible.

They arrived within 30 minutes, there wasn't much traffic that day, and by the looks of the few cars parked by the beach, there weren't many people taking the time for a swim. It was easy to find a place to park the car.

Once he did he exited, making his way to the trunk to grab the blanket and the basket filled with some small snacks and drinks to enjoy whilst sitting on the sand.

Nicolle waited for him so they could walk down together, the boy approached her grabbing her hand and watching as she looked up with a soft smile before they started making their way down to find a perfect place to stay.

They found a spot, it wasn't far from the water but they weren't close to where they could get wet, the waves were calm but still crashed at the shore, grabbing and leaving shells off the sandy bay. The sun rested just above the water creating a sparkle reflection across the ripples of the waves. The sound of the few families with their children playing around the water. The faint chatter of those taking a stroll letting the waves hit their legs. Leaving footprints for the waves to eat up later.

Pablo sat down having Nicolle sit next to him, he wrapped his arm around her as she lay her head on him. How was he ever going to start this conversation with her, without it going downhill, it was luck if she ever would speak to him again after he spoke about the dare to her.

"You sure you were okay when I entered the car you seemed worried about something" she spoke softly

"Yeah I was just deep into my thoughts that's all" he responded.

"You know yesterday Pedri was the exact same, he seemed to have the same worried expression as you and stood frozen in the kitchen," She said not moving from her position.

Pablo remembered yesterday when Pedri called backing down from the dare cause of guilt saying that he couldn't just live with her being played. But it looks like he hadn't spit a word out to his sister. He did text Pablo later on to tell him to back down and that they should call off the dare. It was like her brother read his mind

"Was he okay?" he asked softly, he wanted to make sure his friend was doing okay.

"Yeah he was fine, we watched some movies together which eased his mind," she said, he could tell that she was smiling thinking back to that thought, Pedri did mention his traditions with his sister and Pablo thought of how cute it was.

After she finished talking they stayed in silence for a few minutes letting the sound of waves take over. This let Pablo trail back to how he would approach the topic, he sighed softly.

"You know-" "I need to-"

Both spoke at the same time, Nicolle stood up from her position and turned to look at her boyfriend, smiling at the fact that they both wanted to speak, but Pablo just froze.

"You can go first" they both once again spoke at the same time, this time laughing.

"Nic, you go first amor" he spoke, wanting to hold off the conversation as long as possible.

"I was just going to say it's that, these moments are moments I will never forget and forever cherish, the spot on the hill, here on the beach and even spending time in the little streets between the buildings. Being there with you makes me feel really happy" She spoke, watching and admiring the person in front of her.

The butterflies bounced around, he felt flustered, the thought of her being happy while she was with him was everything. The smile on his face was evident enough for her that he felt the same way.

"What did you want to say Pablito" she asked, remembering he also had something to spit out

But how could the boy bring the courage to tell her now, after she has spoken such words, he couldn't possibly speak of the topic? Not when she has said this. Not when she felt the joy of being around, not when he could ruin the moment they had on the beach.

"Oh, uh, it was that I loved spending time with you and that you always make me so happy" Well it wasn't a full lie but it wasn't what he wanted to say, it was far from those words.

But how could he bring up that she was a dare, he just couldn't, not now, it would ruin everything in the moment. He had to find a day before the following Monday came when the dare would conclude.

He opened his arms for her to crawl into and lay her head on his chest, she did grab a drink to enjoy this time while continuing to admire the scene before them, the sun just beginning to set making the sky a color of orange, reflecting on the water.

He tried to push the thought away to let it float back into his mind another time and just enjoy this moment with his girlfriend. 

But

He had to tell her

s o o n

before it was too late

★☆★☆★

A/N

OK so I managed to write this chapter last Friday to have it ready for today, but I won't be posting this coming Friday as I have multiple tests to prepare for. The next chapter is to come out the following Tuesday :)

sorrryyyy

But I also want to know, what are your thoughts on the book so far? 

Do you think the truth will come out soon?

🎃- H A P P Y  H A L L O W E E N -🎃

Nelly