₃.₀

★☆★☆★

𝖨 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗌 𝗁𝗂𝗆

★☆★☆★

Today the players were entering the aircraft as they would be leaving for Portugal to play against FC Porto. Along with the players, the coaches, media, and medical staff needed to come. Surprisingly Nicolle asked Xavi if she could stay behind, but without a reasonable excuse, the coach could not grant her wish. She didn't want to join the game, not during this time, sure it's been a whole month.

Her brother did try to start up normal conversations with her multiple times, and all she has given him was her back or just short answer responses such as 'yes' or 'maybe'. Yeah sure she could make the move to go talk to them, but she felt that this wasn't her fault and she shouldn't be making the first step. In other words, she felt as if it would be too weird for her to make the first step.

But also maybe the fact that she was avoiding having the conversation?

But as of now, Nicolle was sitting in the section where all the medical staff were, having her headphones plugged in, ready to watch the movies she had downloaded on her phone. It wasn't going to be that long of a plane ride, just almost 2 hours long and the movie almost fitted that exact time frame.

Her brother, along with Pablo and Ansu just sat in business class, just a few seats ahead of her. If she was being honest, she would love to have her brother back to talk to again, she missed him. Sure she could go talk to him, but again it felt like she was being stopped.

What was stopping her?

Even when he started conversations with her, she didn't want to burst in front of him, and possibly say something she might regret later on. But she did say to herself that she would at least try and talk to him after the game, well once they arrived back in Barcelona anyway.

She sighed and slumped into her seat, trying to get lost in the plot of the movie and avoid thinking about this any longer.

If anything, the days just after finding out about the dare, when they had a half day at work, she had opened the door to go and get a drink from downstairs only to find the boxes of her stuff by the door, she smiled a little knowing that her brother brought the boxes up. She was going to make her way downstairs before moving the boxes into her room but she stopped when she noticed her brother holding her last box and in his hand the very first doctor-y toy she had, that he had gifted her on her fifth birthday.

Sure she might have still been furious with the situation but deep inside she had already forgiven her brother, she would have always forgiven him.

Nicolle looked up from her phone trying to distract herself and saw her brother talking to someone who was sitting next to him, who looked like it was Lamine. She knew she was smiling watching as he had a smile on his face, pure joy knowing he got to be part of another game for his team. But before he could catch her looking she shot her head down back to her phone and just waited for the plane to make its way up in the air, flying its way to Portugal.

★☆★☆★

The plane had landed and the players made their way out of the aircraft and piled into the shuttle buses to take them to the airport terminal where they would meet some of the fans who awaited their arrival but also take their bus who waited to take the players to hotel they were staying at and get their rest for the game that was scheduled for tomorrow.

The ride wasn't long until the hotel, it was just about half an hour, however, the players took one bus while the other staff followed along on the second bus, due to the amount of spacing and for privacy reasons as the staff needed to discuss some matter that the players would be addressed with later on.