₂.₄

★☆★☆★

𝖡𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖮𝖿𝗂𝗂𝖼𝖾

★☆★☆★

Monday

Monday had appeared which held different meanings for everyone. For Nicolle, it was a normal day back at work after a much-needed long break. She enjoyed the week, not only did she have multiple days to fully unwind and reset for this week but also because she got to spend more time with her friends and family

While for Pablo and Pedri it was the day they were avoiding to come, the day where the dare is concluded, where it marks that it's been a full month since Pablo was tasked to make Nicolle fall in love with him.

Sure he had succeeded he managed to make her fall in love with him and accept the idea of being a couple but him falling in love with her wasn't part of the plan, the dare, in the first place. Their other plan was to try and tell her before the approach of Monday but that plan went down the drain.

Both Pablo and Pedri were still in the locker room, they did have a few minutes before going out to the training grounds to get their first practice of the week. They did have a game for the Champions League in a month's time so Xavi was aiming to train for the upcoming game early.

After Pablo managed to put on his shoes, both friends made their way towards the field, they were the last ones to arrive, which was normally not the case as they would always be earlier, really they would, while waiting for everyone, practice some passes, but today is a different story, one no one could properly explain.

Once they reached where all the other players were standing Xavi began instructing and explaining what he expected out of them during today's training. He spoke what he had in mind and of course, mentioned that if anything were to happen Nicolle is only a few steps away and will be able to assist.

"Right, I want full focus today as well please, vamos, let's start with a quick warm-up," he said as he started moving the players into small groups for them to work on small exercises before starting the proper warm-up. Pablo and Pedri were teamed together, which did work in their favor as they needed to talk about the situation.

"Pablo we need to tell her today and it has to be today, it can't be another day," Pedri spoke as they started, worry and concern evident in his town of voice.

"I will, we both will, look at the end of the day I will tell her, I will text her that we need to talk and that it's important" He stated which Pedri nodded, hoping that this time they would be able to spill what's been happening the past month.

Nicolle was in her office downstairs and working on preparing what she needed for when they travel for the game within a month's time, sure it was far away but for her, she liked to be ready beforehand and not have a last-minute panic.

Plus she was sure that work was going to pile on closer to the date and because of that she won't have much free time so doing it now is better in her opinion anyways.

Although she couldn't get her mind off the facial expression of her boyfriend when he picked up just a few hours ago, it was much rather a worried expression, yet again similar to her brother's expression that she saw on Saturday as well as Sunday at their parent's house, but no matter how many times she has asked him to share what's been on his mind he has brushed it off, changing the subject each time.

It kept crossing her mind

Just like

It kept crossing his mind.