8

Zee gets a call from Forth to meet him in a cafe near his hospital.

He has been doing the same too, not seeing the sunlight for the whole day.

But he had to walk out to take care of the company

Now that the one responsible is no more, he has to become responsible.

Forth waits for his friend in the farther corner of the cafe during his lunch time.

The cafe door opens revealing Zee, and the moment he gets closer, Forth couldn’t help but sigh at his eye bags.

“Zee, did you have your lunch??”

“Is this why you called me?”

“No, I called you to give you something.

But before that, you need to eat and no, I am not taking a no for an answer,”

he speaks up when Zee was about to protest.

Zee sighs as he sits down in front of him and Forth orders lunch of both of them.

He stops after a few spoons and Forth nudges him to eat more, but he refuses, saying that he doesn’t have an appetite.

“Now tell me, what is it that you wanted to give me?”

Forth silently pulls out a small velvet box, putting it on the table.

Zee stares at it questioningly and opens it to find a gold locket, Dew's locket.

“He was clenching onto this the whole time. It has a picture of them together. I think…he wanted to give this to him.”

Zee couldn’t hear any more of what Forth was speaking.

He just stares at the locket, feeling his eye getting wet.

It has barely been a week since Dew bought that locket as a present to his wife

The memory was still fresh in his mind, the day Dew bought it with a bright smile on his face.

He was so excited to give it to him and see his expression, but he didn’t even last long till he sees him for one last time.

Understanding his inner dilemma, Forth holds his hand, slightly massaging it, comforting the latter.

The silence between them vanishes when Forth phone starts ringing.

“WHAT!??”

“What happened?”

“New , New is in the emergency.”

Both of them run back to the emergency as Forth goes in, telling  Zee ,Net, and James to wait outside.

“How did this happen?”

“He hasn’t been eating anything since the moment he came to our house.

Dew's mother  threw him out telling him that she doesn’t have any relationship with him anymore.

It came out to be a complete shock to him.

Dew and his family were his everything. Dew….Losing him…… he is obviously more affected than us. I am so worried.”

James looks at Zee, concerned.

Zee sighs as he enters the room and finds New lying unconscious on the bed with Forth by his side and a senior doctor giving him an injection.

“How is he doctor?”

“He is just weak. From what I heard, I assume he is emotionally unstable, which also made him physically unstable.

I gave him some propofol so that he can sleep for a while.

You should get him to eat something once he wakes up.”

The doctor says and leaves along with Forth, leaving Zee behind alone with New.

He stares at new’s sleeping face for a while as he bends down, gingerly placing the locket in his palms and closing it.

He looks up one last time at his sleeping figure and leaves the room, softly sighing, closing his strained eyes.