21

By the time Zee wakes up, it was already daybreak.

He immediately sits up with his body sore and bones cracking up for falling asleep in that uncomfortable chair.

He looks around and realizes it is already around 9 AM, and no traces of New anywhere in the room.

He walks out of the room to a strong smell of coffee and bacon all around the condo.

Getting down the stairs, he finds New in the kitchen, making some scrambled eggs and toasts.

Zee was stunned for a second because, in their 42 days of marriage, he had never seen Nu this early in the morning, let alone see him in the kitchen cooking something.

"Oh, you woke up P'Zee."

Nu voices out once he notices the alpha's presence, pulling him out of his world.

"I am sorry I had to leave you behind in that chair.

It must have been very uncomfortable for you. I thought of helping you back to your room, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to balance you.

But you don't have to worry about my condition. I feel a lot better this morning. All thanks to you. Oh look at me;

I am blabbing all by myself, not even letting you sit down. Please have a seat. I made some breakfast;

we should have it before it gets cold. Please."

New offers him a smile and Zee goes paralyzed.

That

That..that was the longest sentence New ever spoke to him.

Still perplexed, he takes his seat at the dining table and Nu places a plate full of bacon, eggs, and toasts in front of him along with a warm cup of coffee.