56

And now 10 weeks later, Nu still finds himself waiting for Zee to wake up.

Nu walks into Zee’s room, as usual, placing his bag on the bedside table and taking a seat beside his unconscious husband.

“Hello Zee, How are you today?

I...I am fine. I moved in with Mama and Appa. Which...I already told you. But I will tell it again.

Appa had been doing his best to compensate for your absence and mama had been helping me master your favorite dishes.

I will cook them for you once you wake up. It’s nice having them around.

Less lonely..than our condo. I..missed having you around you Z-ee.

The condo….feels so empty without you. I miss watching those soap operas together.

I couldn’t watch them without you. We can catch up together, once you..wake up.”

Nu swallows, his throat tightening and heart sinking, as fear of Zee not waking up consumes his system

“Zee...I am sorry... I am sorry for making you go through all the heartbreak.

I am sorry for making it suffocating. I am sorry for ruining this relationship.

I don’t know what you meant when you said you loved me for so long but if you really did, I am sorry for not realizing it.

I am sorry for being so oblivious. So oblivious of your feeling that I ended up hurting you.

  I thought...I thought all your sweetness was out of sympathy and friendship. Your gentle gestures moved my heart but I never responded to them because I didn’t know how to react!

I am sorry for not responding to your caring and gentle nature. I am sorry I took you for granted. I am sorry for not showing my gratitude towards you.”

Nu pauses, wiping away his uncontrollable tears before continuing.

“Thank you, thank you soo much Zee. For always being there for me. When Hoseok left me, I thought the world come to an end. 

I...I felt so lonely that I wanted to take my life. I was slowly starting to die inside and that’s when you came into my life.

We never even met before but you took such good care of me.

You stood by my side, gave me the space that I need, and lent me your shoulder to cry. You became the source of joy in my sorrowful life Zee!”