special chapter-2

It was winter,

the season of fog, mist, and snow.

A warm cup of coffee in the morning, the warmth from the fireplace, and the fun of making a snowman are what make it a special season.

Zee would love to be wrapped up in a fluffy blanket and snuggle with his wife doing exactly that, if only his mate is not so repulsed by his pheromones lately.

He started getting affected by not just his pheromones, but any other scents, often making him puke his guts out.

And of course, it didn't go unnoticed by the alpha.

His midnight trips to the bathrooms woke the alpha more than a couple of times.

Zee insists on taking him to a doctor, but instead of replying as he usually does, he snaps, taking both him and his mate by surprise.

He apologizes profusely, for snapping at such a silly thing, but Zee never takes it to heart.

But Nu ends up felling guilty.

He doesn't understand why he has been cranky these days, why he had to wake up at odd hours to vomit, or why he just couldn't stand certain food smell when he had never been a picky eater.

The answer to all his questions comes in the form of a white stick with a plus sign on it.

Not just one, but quite a few.

And a visit to the doctor confirms it.

Nu takes in a deep shuddering breath to compose himself, staring down at the pregnancy test in his hand as pure bliss bubbles up in his heart, making him choke on a couple of happy tears falling down his pale cheek.

He is pregnant.

They are pregnant and they are going to become parents.

At that thought, an image of Zee holding his niece flashes in front of his eyes, making a small smile make its way onto his lips.

Zee would make a great father.

But...are they ready for this

His smile freezes and Nu goes down the rabble hole of dilemma.

The heat he shared with Zee for the alpha's birthday had been their first heat and runt spent together.