20

Zee comes back home to a thundering storm.

It has been raining so hard for almost half a day now and he got a bit worried about New who was staying home all alone.

When he enters their house, it was so dark and silent.

But that wasn’t the thing that grabbed his attention the most.

It was the  fragrance of Jasmines, Mandarin oranges hitting him like a massive ball of pheromones and Zee immediately gets out of the house and closes the door shut behind him.

He takes a couple of deep breaths, processing the exact situation he stumbled upon.

With the immense amount of pheromones clouding their house, there is only one answer to it. New is in heat.

But why would his heat effect him when he was mated to Dew?

Was, his brain highlights.

Is he still mated to Dew?

He remembers not seeing Dew’s claim mark anywhere around New’s neck but then again, the mating mark is not only left on the neck, but it can also be marked anywhere on the scent glands, which is spread all across the neck, nape and slightly down the chest.

And also, Zee hasn’t been sensing Dew’s Rosewood fragrance anywhere on New since the moment the omega had moved in into his house.

But then again, he is an Alpha, omega biology is foreign to him.

So instead of assuming things on his own, he calls the most reliable omega he can think of, his older sister.

When Gulf picks up, Zee hurriedly explains the situation and Gulf calms his brother down, telling him what he needs to know.

“Zee, I can’t tell you what exactly is happening with New’s body because I am no doctor.

Those are questions you should ask Forth, he can explain things better.

But as an omega, I can tell you something. He is probably going through broken bond syndrome.

I personally know a few who had gone through this.

It is not frequent but quite common among omegas.

It happens when the alpha usually rejects the omega after bonding and bonds with another omega.

But in Nuu’s case, it is happening because the side alpha is no more in this world.

The bond broke and the mark vanished.

He is unmarked now; with every traces of his once mate’s pheromones disappearing from his scent glands.