48

Nu wakes up around 7 the next day, walking down the stairs, expecting to find the alpha lounging on the couch, watching some re-runs of the weekday dramas, but instead finds the living room empty.

He walks into the kitchen, expecting to find a note as always, but he doesn’t find any.

Zee left him without a note.

Bemused, he walks up to the TV and switches it on, sitting down on the couch and messaging James if they have any meetings.

By the time he comes back with some breakfast, he gets a message from him that they are on a flight to London and it will take them around a week to come back.

Nu crooks his brows in confusion.

Why hadn’t Zee informed him about a week-long trip?

The alpha always tells him even if he goes down to the grocery store. 

So how come Zee didn’t tell him about such an important business trip?

Not finding any reason, Nu simply shrugs that thought away, thinking that maybe the alpha was just busy and forgot to tell him. 

Munching his cereals, Nu grabs the remote to change to his desired channel, playing his favorite soap opera.

The picture plays on, the protagonists having some lover’s quarrel but Nu doesn’t pay any attention to it.

His mind, heart, and soul had been thinking about one thing, one person, his husband.

The alpha always was the definition of perfection.

He hasn’t left his mind since the other day, his conversation with Phayu being the reason behind it.

In fact, Zee had been in his mind for quite some time, and the conversation was just a trigger to make him realize, that Zee was indeed a miracle that happened in his life.

When Dew passed away, his life had come to a standstill, he didn’t know where to go from there, so he collapsed, accepting the flow of his life, and flowing away along its waves without any destination.

And then,Zee happened.

Pulled him out of his tears and held him tight, giving him time to stop crying.

The alpha didn’t even have to console him, just him being there, standing next to him with that charming smile of his was enough for Nu to melt.