28

Nu is really happy to meet their Friends and theirs partner.

While Nu talking to Nat And then he suddenly sees a woman, standing behind Max with her ominous smile.

He gives her a friendly smile, to which she replies with a scoff.

“You must be the infamous Chawarin in town? Since I have never seen you around my social circle, I guess you are a nobody.”

she points a vague debasing finger at him and Nu gives her a tight smile, still trying to be polite.

“Seriously though, what does this best friend duo find in commoner omega’s either way? So gullible to you poor people tactics.”

“MILD!!”

It was Nat , who immediately came to Nu’s rescue after seeing that woman near him, followed by Max and James.

Despite his piercing glare, she didn’t even avert her eyes.

“Hmph, You know, that late Dew and I used to date during our college years.

We were called the King and Queen of Bangkok National University. And then he broke up with me to be with a nobody omega just like you. And look where it took him? To his own grave.”

“Mrs. Mild, don’t you think you have crossed the line?? Moreover, aren’t you married already??”

“Oh that I am, I was just simply pointing out that the great Dew wasted his whole life with the likes of a gold digger and so will Zee too.”

Nu was the one to cut the heated conversation by standing up abruptly and walking away.

“Nuuu”

“I am fine P'james. Just let me be alone.”

He doesn’t know how but Nu ends up wandering into the empty corridor of Dew’s high school.

He aimlessly walks around, his mind blank, until he bumps into a corridor filled with all the awards and trophies achieved by all those high school students over years.

He slowly walks through them, silently admiring those crystal monuments and golden trophies when he suddenly sees them.

The golden ball of soccer gifted to the player of the match every year after an Inter-School Soccer Championship.

And the name engraved right below belongs to none other than his late husband Dew.

The captain of his high school soccer team, a wonderful striker, the one who wanted to be a soccer player, Dew.

***

It was Winter ,

the breeze cold and freezing, with traces of melting snow, welcoming the next season to come.

It was the end of February, the end of winter, the end of all the heaps of white covering the city, the end of all the cold winds making everyone shiver.

But that doesn’t mean winter is over, not yet. And the coldness that hit him the moment he stepped out of the orphanage tells him that.

WHEN   L⊙VE   L∀STSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें