44

Did everyone just believe that he actually stole that pendent!?

Why would he steal it? Why…why did Zee look at him like that?

It’s fine if the whole world thinks of him as a thief, but Zee, does Zee also do not believe in him? Doesn’t Zee…know him?

That thought makes him nauseous, making him press his palm against his lips to suppress the rushing bile.

He calmly walks back to their suite, taking off his sandals by the entrance and placing them neatly in the rack.

He walks into the balcony, gazing up at the night sky, with moon, and stars twinkling, alone in the middle of a dark river

His composure finally cracks and hot salty tears start running down his cheeks.

He collapses onto the balcony floor, hugging his knees close to his chest as he weeps hard into his lap

How…How can they do this to him?

How can Zee even think that Nu would do something like that?

Why didn’t Zee believe in him?

Doesn’t Zee know him well enough to know that he would never do something like that!!

Was…was he the only one who thought they were close??

Was he the only one who thought their relationship improved?

If not, then why? Ha! It must be because Zee believes in that woman more than him.

He must love her to a point where he believes everything she says, enough to strike away from any chances of Nu actually being a genuine person.

Maybe Zee doesn’t even like him after all.

He must be pretending to be happy to keep his promise to his best friend.