57

Zee was walking down the muddy trail, his cast and clutches out of the way after a weeklong of rehabilitation.

He looks to his side, giving his Wife a sweet smile as their interlaced hands swing between them.

Nu moves closer, letting go of his hand and hugging Zee by his arm, leaning onto his bicep as they slowly continue to walk down the path.

They walk along the massive trees of the cemetery, finally coming to a halt in front of a marble tombstone with their dearest Dew’s picture on it

DEW JIRAWAT SUTIVANISAK

1993-2022

A MAN OF GRACE AND BENEVOLENCE

WE WILL CHERISH YOU AND REMEMBER YOU

ALWAYS

It was Dew’s one-year death anniversary.

The memorial service was held at a church nearby, all his friends and family making sure to attend.

But to no one’s surprise, Mrs.Sutivanisak didn't  make it, and nor did Dew’s sister.

It was only grandparents  who attends the memorial on behalf of Dew’s family.

Zee got discharged that very day and he made sure he attends his best friend's memorial first thing after he steps out of the hospital.

They sit through the prayers, Zee giving a tiny speech about his beloved best friend, swallowing down the bitterness in his throat.

Once the memorial service gets over, they decide to visit Dew’s grave. They have so much they would like to share with their dear person.

“Hi, Dew!”

Nu speaks up first, placing a bunch of white lilies in front of the tombstone.

 “How have you been? I hope it is all fine up there at the place of the creator. I hope…you are fine.”

Nu sniffles, looking away and Zee immediately wraps his hand around the omega’s shoulder. 

“I am not going to cry today. I will not. Because I am happy Dew, just like you wanted. I am happy, content and in love, so I don’t want to cry.”

“Dew, we are together now. Zee and I have sorted out our differences and we are really happy together.

Your friend has been extremely sweet to me and you know how much of a sweet tooth I have!”

Zee chuckles by his side and Nu laughs.

“We will always love you Dew. I will always love you. But now, I love Zee and I want to keep on loving him for the rest of my life.

And thank you, thank you so much for bringing us into each other’s lives and making us realize that even without you here, we can be alright.

We can be fine. We can be happy. So thank you. Thank you for everything you have done for us. Thank you.”

Nu’s voice quiver at the end of his sentence, tears threatening to fall loose, and Zee don’t waste anymore time and pulls the omega into a hug, letting him cry into his chest.

Zee looks up at his best friends blinding smile, all teeth and gums in his portrait and Zee feels that not remembering Dew today or tomorrow is not an option.

He is going to keep on remembering Dew’s goofy smile and caring demeanor and miss him like crazy every single day of his life.