Tomb Classification

Night. Stars filled the sky yet it was still dim without light. Only the round moon was bright and clear, but it was always concealed by the never-ending black clouds that floated in the air. The serene moonlight sprinkled down as the clouds appeared and disappeared.

Ground. Rows of iron trees stood upright. They were like “wolf teeth clubs” that rose from the ground. There was complete silence around Chu Feng and not a single trace of blowing wind. However, that special type of silence emphasized the strangeness of the cave noise.

“Damn. Are you sure that I need to go down there? What is that thing that’s screaming down there? Is it a ghost?”

Chu Feng felt slightly uneasy. It was the first time that he heard such a miserable voice and it even came from the bottomless cave. It was just like a ghost that came from hell and screaming their grievances. It was extremely horrifying.

“What is there to be afraid of? Don’t forget, you’re a World Spiritist! You are already fated to deal with things like ghosts or else how are you going to absorb Source energy for me?!” Eggy reprimanded.

“Really... So after everything, World Spiritists are just natural tomb robbers?” Chu Feng was speechless.

“What did you think they were? World Spiritists spiritually connect to World Spirits and because of that, they can catch things that normal people cannot. Within tombs of cultivating experts contain large amounts of treasures. It is simply the best shortcut for martial cultivation.”

“The path of martial cultivation is quite difficult as well. Only idiots won’t walk on shortcuts.” Eggy said scornfully.

“From what you said, the thing that’s howling down there really is a ghost?”

Chu Feng’s heart tightened. Although demons and ghosts were only legends, with his broadening experiences, he discovered that in the world, there were Monstrous Beasts, Strange Beasts, and also those who corruptly cultivated and walked onto the path of evil. By massacring common people, they were viewed as demons. Extrapolating like that, the so-called ghosts really might exist as well.

“What’s so scary about ghosts? Didn’t you already see one before?” Eggy spoke.

Ads by Pubfuture
“When have I seen ghosts before?” Chu Feng thought back carefully, however, he could not remember when he saw the so-called ghosts.

“When you were in the Thousand Bone Graveyard, was the old man you saw not one?” Eggy reminded.

“What? He was a ghost? How is that possible? He was so strong!”

Chu Feng was hugely stunned. The old man he saw that night had extremely deep impressions on him. Although he did not emit any aura, Chu Feng still felt his powerfulness. So powerful that it was ineffable, so Chu Feng absolutely would not have thought that he was a ghost.

“When one reaches a certain realm in martial cultivation, their consciousness becomes extremely strong. Their consciousness would not even be extinguished after death and they would only float and wander to various places. That would be the so-called ghost.”

“However, if a World Spiritist has extremely strong Spirit power, after death, their Spirit power would combine as one with their consciousness. With that, they could control everything their consciousness did and they would live as another type of life form.”

“Although they would not be as strong as when they were living, they would still have overpowering methods. The old man you saw that day was someone like that. Your sealed Spirit power was also awakened by that person.”

Eggy narrated in detail. On that day, although Chu Feng lost consciousness, Eggy did not. So, she saw everything that the old man did to Chu Feng.

After hearing her words, Chu Feng also suddenly realized that he already had Spirit power, but because of special reasons, it was not awakened. That also meant that his Spirit power was inborn.