Chapter Ten

Nesta leaves the room, Elain quickly getting up to follow her.

I rise from my chair. "I'll go get some parchment."

Feyre nods, passes a smile now that she feels calmer.

I leave the room bringing back some parchment and feather ink pen, laying them in front of Feyre.

"Thank you, Athy."

I nod. "I told you I'd help."

"You always did like to help." Cass mutters which I quickly whip my head to.

Ignoring his comment I look to Rhysand.

"I have nothing against you as long as you keep us safe. I meant no harm. I just want to help Feyre where I couldn't this past year. But I'm grateful that you were there." I give a smile to Rhys which he tries his best to return. Feyre doesn't know about my abilities and I don't know when to tell her.

"Feyre mentioned that you helped her. So what happened to the other two?" Cass keeps his eyes on me as I begin to gather the plates. I know he wants to ask other questions.

"Not everyone has the liberty to just become something they aren't." I look at Feyre. "Everyone is lost at one point in their life and can't seem to find a way. I just hope that with this chance we can actually help."

"Thank you," Rhys says.

I nod, picking up some plates. I should clean, I know for sure Nesta and Elain won't want to approach them.

I head out the dining room, carrying the plates. Placing the dishes in the sink I turn back, but spot Azriel entering the kitchen, plates in hand.

"I thought I'd help." A small smile lines his face.

I nod awkwardly. "I'll go get the rest." I race past him back into the dining room to get the remaining dishes.

What do I do? What do I say?

Entering the kitchen I see him trying to wash the dishes.

"What are you doing?!" I rush towards him. "You're a guest, you shouldn't be washing the dishes." I reach for the plate.

"Let me help you. Do you expect to do all these dishes without any help?" He motions with the sponge at the mountain of dishes.

I sigh. "Okay. I'll wash them, you can rinse and dry them." We need to talk anyway, right?

I hand him a soapy dish and he rinses it off.

The silence was awkward. I don't know what to say.

"You still have my mark." He glances down at my wrist, my rolled up sleeve revealing it.

"It's permanent. It wouldn't come off." I state, focusing on the dish. He hums at my answer as if he already knew.

"I spent five hundred years waiting for you to appear." His soft voice had a hit of sadness.

"I'm sorry." I look up to him. "I couldn't go back. It hasn't happened ever since that time during the war. You didn't tell anyone did you?" My eyes go wide as I take in his appearance. It still baffles me that he isn't a child. That's all I can think of right now.

He was cute when he was a child. Now I know that cute children make handsome adults.

"Rhys knows, he deduced it himself. Cass too. But that's all. If people found out what you can do, that would be dangerous. But I never forgot about you. How long has it been for you?" His hazel eyes bore into mine. Who made him this gorgeous? I can't take my eyes off of him.