Chapter Twelve

Athanasia

The past week has been quiet. No news from the Queens or Feyre.

Nesta and Elain are out for the day, so I'm in the sitting room enjoying my time.

The fireplace gave warmth to the room. I sat cross legged on the couch once more, reading another book.

None of the books that I read have anything important to say. But I still read them, I have no other choice. I need to find out what I am.

A knock on the door brings my head out of the book. I place my feet into my slippers, standing up to answer the door.

Opening the door, I see Azriel waiting. His wings neatly tucked against his back. His fine black clothing nicely hugged his body and his blue gems brightened his outfit. I'm still fascinated by them.

"Az? Oh, come in." I move to the side letting him in. "What are you doing here?" I motion for him to sit across me on the couch.
I pour him a cup of tea, placing the amber liquid in front of him.

"I came to see if you heard any news. I've been searching for any signs of the Queens." He explains, his eyes locked on me.

I shake my head. "No, its been quiet. So quiet that I've been able to get a book or two in." I raise my book. "I've been trying to find anything on my powers but can't." I sigh defeatedly.

He takes a minute to think.

"What if you came to see our library?" He suggests. Something tells me he really wants me to go. "You might be able to find more than in any human library."

I don't answer immediately, assessing my options.

This is the second time I'm being offered this. Maybe I should go, I might be able to actually find something. And possibly put a stop to this time travel.

"Okay." I finally answer looking at him. "I'll go but if I do, you have to stay with me. I don't know people in the Faerie Realm. Not everyone likes humans."

A smile plays on his lips. "I promise I won't let you out of my sight."

I nod, getting up, brushing down my pale blue gown. He follows my movement.

"But we have to be back before Nesta and Elain come back." I begin to scribble on some parchment. "I'll leave a note, but we should still be back before they come."

I then change my slippers into some boots.

"We'll stay as long as you need." He reaches his scarred hand out for me to grab. I gently lay mine on his.

"Are we flying or..." I wait for his answer.

"Flying is too slow." He softly wraps his arm around my waist. "Hold tight." He whispers in my ear. A shiver is sent down my back at the sound of his voice.

The next thing I know we are melting into the shadows. I close my eyes, clinging onto Azriel's black tunic as I feel our surroundings change.

When we land do I finally open my eyes. A large library surrounds me, it spirals down. It's a booklover's dream.

To our right is a lounge. Sofas and armchairs are lined around tables. More shelves around them. It seems he took us to the top of the library.

Azriel reluctantly releases me from his arms as I take in the library.

"Az, this is amazing." I stare in awe at the amount of books. "I don't even know where to start."

We spent hours in the library trying to find anything, but now there are too many books. The priestesses that resided in the library were kind enough to let us search. Though I didn't want to bother them too much, so we stayed separately.