Chapter Twenty-nine

As I walked into the building, only magic lights lit the hall. Tables encircled the space in the center with a large bar to the side.

I looked around the room, there weren't many faeries, most likely because it was still morning. My search for the blonde was stopped as a male faerie approached me.

"What's a beauty like you doing here so early in the morning?" He smirks as he takes me in.

"Oh, hello." I try my best to be friendly, shifting the fabric of my dress. "I was looking for my friend. Her name is Morrigan."

He raises a brow at the name. "Morrigan? Was she keeping you away from us?"

I shift uncomfortably at his comment.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to tease you. I know Morrigan, she's been here since last night. Not in the best shape." He leads me towards the bar.

As I got closer to it, bright blonde hair showed itself on one of the stools. Mor was talking to the bartender.

"You've got a guest, Mor." The male calls, making the blonde look this way.

"Athy?" She stands from her seat, shocked that I would be in a place such as this. "What are you doing here?" She then glances at the male who gets the hint to leave.

"I was worried about you. You didn't look too good last night." I say in a soft voice.

She eyes soften in return. "I just needed to get my mind off of things."

"Who's this?"  The beautiful female faerie says behind the counter.

"This is Athy, our High Lady's sister." Mor introduces me. "Athy, this is Rita, the owner of this hall."

"It's nice to meet you." I say with a small smile.

"Aren't you a cutie?" She smirks at me. "I never knew you had such a pretty friend, Mor."

"She's not for you to tease, Rita." Mor says from my side.

"That's too bad." She pouts.

"How about we get out of here?" Mor suggests to me. "I've been here long enough. I'll see you another time, Rita."

"Bye-bye! Bring the cutie next time too!" The enthusiastic female shouts as we make out way out.

"She seems lovely." I comment as we're out the door.

"She is." Mor nods in agreement. "So what did you have in mind once you found me?"

I look at her dazzling face. "You know how you told me that you would take me to shop at the different stores. Let's do that." I know Mor loves to shop and dress up. Me joining her would be nice in helping her out.

"You actually want to do that with me?" She then narrows her eyes. "You weren't set up, were you? If Rhysand or Azriel have anything to do with this then I'm not doing it."

"They weren't. This was all my idea." I comfort her riled up thoughts.

Her eyes were still vigilant but relaxed a few seconds after. "There's no going back after this."

"I'm fine with that," I respond.

"Then let's go. I'll show you my favorite boutique." She links arms with me and drags me along the cobblestone street.

A few moments later we were in a small shop, scanning the racks of dresses.

"This one will look beautiful on you." Mor lifts a small floral pattern dress to her body, and then turns it around to put it against mine.

"It is nice." I nod in agreement.

"Take it and we'll try everything on at the end." She places the dress in my hands.