Chapter Thirty-four

"Don't leave my side." Azriel says by me as the Dawn Court led us into the extravagant building.

"I don't plan to." I focus on the scenery.

We step onto the polished marble floor, the stone warm with the sun streaming through the open archways.

A shallow, circular reflection pool was carved into the floor surrounded by several chairs. Its dark water was laden with pink and gold water lilies and beneath them pumpkin-and-ivory fish lazily swam about.

I gawk at its beauty, Azriel still close to my side.

"Welcome," a handsome male says, I'm assuming Thesan, the host of the gathering. "Or," Thesan muses, "since you've called this meeting, perhaps you should be doing the welcoming?"

"I may have requested the meeting, Thesan, but you were the one gracious enough to offer up your beautiful residence." Rhys replies with a faint smile.

I dipped a bow, as Thesan looked towards the rest of us, they did the same.

Dawn had the power of healing which made me curious if I was connected to them somehow.

"Kallias," Rhys shifts the conversation to the white-haired one, whose skin was so pale it looked frozen.

What moved my attention was Mor's squeal as she tackles a similar squealing female.

Then they were laughing and crying and dancing around each other, pausing to study each other's faces, to wipe away tears, and then embracing again.

"You look the same," the stunning female says, beaming from ear to ear. "I think that's the same dress I saw you in—"

"You look the same! Wearing fur in the middle of summer—how utterly typical—"

"You brought the usual suspects, it seems—"

"Thankfully, the company has been improved by some new arrivals—" Mor waves over to Feyre and me. "Viviane, meet Feyre and Athy. Feyre, Athy, meet Viviane—Kallias's wife."

"It's nice to meet you." I give her my friendliest smile, bowing my head in greeting. She returns the smile, grin stuck in place.

"I tried to suggest she stay at home," Kallias says drily, "but she threatened to freeze my balls off." Cauldron, were all Fae couples like that? It seems they're always threatening each other in some playful manner, sometimes not too playful. I took a glance at Nesta and Cass.

I'm not sure if they're mates but they do like to threaten each other, and then be fine with each other the next. Rhys and Feyre were quite similar at first as well. Is this how all mates are like?

Rhys lets out a dark chuckle. "Sounds familiar."

"Wife," Viviane says, clicking her tongue. "You know, it still sounds strange to me. Every time someone says it, I keep looking over my shoulder as if it'll be someone else."

Kallias remains stiff-backed, "I have yet to decide if I find it insulting. Since she says it every day."

Viviane stuck out her tongue at him. They're so cute.

Mor grips her shoulder and squeezes. "It's about time."

A blush stains Viviane's pale face. "Yes, well—everything was different after Under the Mountain." Her sapphire eyes slid to Feyre's and she bows her head. "Thank you—for returning my mate to me."

"Mates?" Mor fizzes, glancing between them. "Married and mates?"

"You two do realize that this is a serious meeting," Rhys says.