Chapter Twenty

Azriel

Rhysand's spy work kept me busy if I wasn't with Athy. She was a fast learner and surprisingly skilled in understanding different fighting techniques. As if she was born to fight, she just never had the reason to. And now she does.

She does things so obliviously that it's difficult to not tell her about what she is to me. After I denied her food, she kept making food for her sisters. I denied all her attempts to feed me. It wasn't the right time.

And I think she's becoming suspicious to why I keep refusing. So to make it up to her, we're going out.

"So we aren't training today?" Her curious voice says, looking at me.

"We should take a break. Rest is needed to grow stronger." I tell her as we stand on the training mat.

"That makes sense." She nods her head before saying, "Then what are we doing?"

I peek a smile. "We're going into the city and this time you don't need a diguise."

"The city? What are we going to do?" Her interested eyes seemed to flicker.

"You'll see." I motion for her to approach me. She does. "We're flying and I'm sure you can't do it yet."

"You're going to have to teach me after this." She says, letting me lift her up. She arms wrapped around my neck, securing her.

"I will." I leap in the air, the breeze feeling welcomed to me. She brushes her hair out of her face as she looks out towards the sky.

Cauldron, she's beautiful. As if she belonged to the wind. The wisps of her hair perfectly framed her face.

"We're going to the Rainbow?" She asks, realizing the location that I'm heading to.

"Yes, I prepared a surprise for you." I smile as I land in the corner of the Rainbow. "We can explore the rest of the Rainbow before I show it to you." I out stretched my hand for her to hold.

"You really do too much, Az." She smiles, taking my shadow banded hand with hers.

"I don't think I do enough." I pull her into the square with me. "Come on, there is a lot I want to show you."

I watch as her face morphs into happiness as I show her through out the different shops. We looked through them. Sighting paint stores, dance studios, and music repair shops.

I want to help her this time. Be there for her as she was for me. By spending time with her it will allow me to do so. I took in account each interest that she had so that I can make her happy.

"I wanted to show you this one especially." I stopped in front of a ceramics store.

"A ceramics store?" She looks at me waiting for me to answer.

"I told you I had a surprise, didn't I?" I open the door for her as I lead her in.

The shop was filled with different colored clays displayed on the shelves. Clay wheels were aligned near the sides of the walls. In the far back were some work tables.

"Hello! How can I help?" A bright female faerie approaches us covered in clay.

"We were hoping to make projects for two." I answer for us. Athy just gawks at the store, taking in each clay and detail.

"Of course. I'm assuming for beginners?" The faerie asks. I nod in agreement.

She leads us to the back tables.

"The two of you can work here. Help yourself to any clay color you want on the shelves. Let me know if you need anything else." She beams before leaving us alone.