Chapter Thirty-one

Azriel

Feyre canceled training today which had me confused.

"Feyre canceled on you too?" I ask Cassian as we flew to the Town House.

"Yeah. I wonder what's wrong. She better have a good reason."

Entering the dining room, Feyre was eating breakfast with her sisters. Athy sat next to her, a smile played on her face as she held Feyre's hand.

"You two went too hard on Feyre. Don't you know that females aren't like you?" Is the first thing she says, a not very convincing angry face took over her smile. She's adorable even when she's snappy.

"Is it that bad? You canceled training for the both of us." Cass says from my side. I was too distracted by Athy's graceful appearance this morning.

"I'm fine. I just need a small break, it's nothing to worry about." She brushes it off, so I place the salve I brought next to her. I have been going hard on her. I don't mean to but when I'm training with Athy it feels different. Yes, Feyre's my High Lady but Athy's my mate. I care about her so much that I don't wish her to feel pain.

Taking in Nesta and Elain's appearances, I give them a small bow as a greeting.

I just watch Athy from the side as she heals Feyre. What brings my attention back were Elain's next words. "He snapped your wings, broke your bones."

I turn to look at her. I have my suspicions on what she was Made into. But I don't have proof yet. None of her predictions have come true yet.

"It'll take more than that to kill me," Cassian replies.

Elain says, "No, it will not."

"Can I set you up in the garden? The herbs you planted are coming in nicely." Feyre helps Elain up. I pity how Elain feels. She's stuck in the past and as Athy tries to help, it doesn't always work.

When they were in the garden, I couldn't help but watch as how Athy made her sister a flower crown. Her beauty was more than I could handle. She was a heavenly being that has blessed my eyes, her wings were proof of this.

"I can help her," Athy stands up to help Elain.

"Won't you come with us?" Feyre asks, looking at the brunette.

"Where?"

"The library. To find information about the wall," she answers.

"Um..." Her gaze drifts from Elain to me. "Okay, I'll go."

I nod, "I'll help her." I can do this much to help her. She can't always focus on everyone else. I'll lessen her load.

I reach my hand out for Elain to grab and she does silently. I led her into the garden.

"Is here alright?" I say softly hoping not to startle her.

"Yes." She lets go of my hand and crouches down to look at her plants. I stood to the side watching her.

"What's your favorite flower?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"I like tulips, hyacinths are nice too." She hums, watering the soil. Maybe it's because of the person but I've always loved athanasia flowers. Their golden petals are as bright as her.

Over the years, I've grown them in the gardens of Velaris. I also have a plant of my own in my room. I'm completely and utterly obsessed with her.

The silence overtook us but I didn't mind it. I listened to the whistling birds and the rustle of the flowers.

I want to be here with her. She'd probably smell every flower and possibly make a crown for me. And I'd love it all.

I need to tell her soon, I can't let myself be like this any longer. If we survive this war with Hybern, I'll tell her. I wonder how she will react.