Chapter Thirteen

Feyre and I sat in the sitting room of the Town House—the place Rhys stays at. She meant to meet me at the Archeron estate but she would have to handle Nesta if she did. So I agreed to come to her.

"How have things been back home?" She asks her first question. Though Feyre looked and felt different, I didn't mind it. She looked more confident than before. I mean she was always a confident person but I never truly saw it as I did now.

"The same old. Constant parties and cooking, cleaning." I brush it off, glancing on at the bookshelves that adorned the walls.

"You never did like parties." Feyre hums. The crackling of the fire could be heard as she spoke.

"It's not that a never liked them, it's that there are more appealing things to do than gawk at people dancing." I sip my tea, before placing in its saucer. I never danced at parties because no one taught me. I was too busy handling other matters to ever enjoy such luxuries.

"Maybe we should go dancing somewhere. I can teach you." She smiles, enjoying her own tea.

"Thank you for the offer, Feyre. But I'm not too sure about roaming the streets as a human. The people here may be nice but..." I zone off, not finishing my sentence.

"I understand." She nods her regal head, a small tiara adorning it. "So tell me about your powers." She was curious about what happened when she was gone, her expression proved it.

"Like I said before, they surfaced after the wolf Fae came into the house. As if it unlocked something. At first it was only small flickers of light that were emitted from my hands, but as time passed I got to control it more.

My light grew until I could send beams of light." I take in a deep breath before continuing. "I was confused, Feyre. You had only just left and whatever magic that Fae used didn't work on me and Nesta."

Feyre's eyes were wide as she listened to my story.

"I was battled between helping the family and trying to find a solution to what was happening to me."

"I'm sorry." She mutters, looking down at her tea cup.

"It's not your fault, Feyre. Though I was upset that you left us, I knew that you had to do it. I don't blame you anymore. It all turned out for the best, no? We met each other again and found where you belong." I smile, hoping to comfort her guilt.

"I needed you too, Athy. I suffered a great deal but through it all I also thought of you. How you would help me in any way that you could. Whether that be skinning the prey even if you were grossed out by the blood, or showing off your terrible painting skills in order to spend time with me." She brought a smile to her face thinking of the memories together.

"I kept repeating in my mind that I would save you too when I was Under the Mountain. I wouldn't let a Fae touch a hair on your head. You gave me the strength, Athy, and I'm glad for it."

My gaze softened at what she said. I knew I was right. Feyre never forgot about us, she just was never able to make it back home.

"I'm happy to have helped but there is something else I should tell you." I placed my teacup on the coffee table, before fidgeting my fingers in my lap. Feyre's blue-grey eyes looked at me closely.