Chapter Thirty-eight

Azriel

"Hybern knows where we are by now. The Cauldron likely wanted to have a look for itself. After we taunted it," Amren sighs. We were all gathered around, the Cauldron having woken up Feyre and Nesta.

The night was not comforting this time around. There was something ominous about it. The shadows sensing whatever music was playing though I couldn't hear it. I didn't like it.

I felt a twinge of fear, it wasn't mine. Athy. Where was she? My head spins away from the group hoping to see her.

"Let's pray that's the last we see of it." Feyre rubs her face.

Varian angles his head. "So you three ... because you were Made, you can hear it? Sense it?"

"It would appear so," Amren says.

"What about Athy?" I ask softly turning my head back to them, inclined to know where she was.

"And Elain." Feyre's voice stills.

Nesta then broke into a run. My worry also beinging to rise.

I take a look at Rhys before he disappeared. To search for the two. I quickly follow after the other two sisters. I

I stalk to Feyre's side, kneeling to examine the cot. Elain and Athy left by their own free will. There was no sign of struggle.

"They're still warm." I say, running my hands over the sheets. Her scent lingered in the air. She left.

That fear that I felt. The thought caused me to shoot up. The shadows began to be riled up.

I walk out, Feyre and Nesta quickly following behind me. The shadows whispering, sensing the direction in which she had gone.

A shout was brought our attention away.

"Athy, Athy!" Elain cries, running towards us from the direction of the trees outside the camp.

"Elain!" Nesta swept her up, Feyre also approaching her side. A narrowed my eyes. She wasn't with her.

"Elain, where is Athy?" Feyre asks the question I so desperately need to know the answer of.

"Sh—she—she's gone. They—took her." Elain sputters out through her sobs. I held my breath.

They took her. Hybern took her. I couldn't think of anything else.

She's in danger right now.

*******

It felt pointless to even discuss a plan. All I wanted to do was go save her. To wash all of Hybern's grimy hands off her beautiful skin.

"We'll get her back," Cassian rasps trying to comfort Nesta. Elain sat quietly next to her. The tears now stopped.

"No, you will not." Nesta points to the map on the table. "I saw that army. Its size, who is in it. I saw it, and there is no chance of any of you getting into its heart. Even you, especially not when you're injured."

What would they do to her? My hands clenched at the thought. They'll want nothing more than to destroy her sweet soul.

"I'm getting her back." I voice out, words dripped with venom.

Nesta slid her gaze to me. My shadows challenging her.

Nesta says, "Then you will die."