Chapter Thirty

"What's wrong with you?" I ask Feyre as I see her squirming in her seat. We were at the dining table eating breakfast and her fidgeting was getting to me.

"Azriel's training went a bit too hard. Cass' didn't help either." She rubs her thigh as if moving the pain away.

"I'm sorry. Do you want me to heal you? It might help." Whenever I train with Azriel, he's calm and likes to go slow so I don't hurt myself. I'm a little sore but not to the point I can't move. Why is Feyre's situation different?

"If you don't mind." She replies in a strained voice. As she does, the two Illyrians appear, one straight face and the other that looked like he was about to start a fight.

"You two went too hard on Feyre. Don't you know that females aren't like you?" I scold them, taking Feyre's hand in mine.

"Is it that bad? You canceled training for the both of us." Cass says looking at Feyre.

"I'm fine. I just need a small break, it's nothing to worry about." She waves them off, Azriel neatly placed a tin of salve to her side. I then pulse my light in order to heal her.

"It's feeling better." She says softly, feeling a wave of relief over her body. "And thank you for the salve, Az."

The two Illryians then noticed my other two sisters, who sat across from us. Both males went a bit still. Azriel sketched a bow—while Cassian stalked for the dining table, reached right over Nesta's shoulder, and grabbed a muffin from its little basket.

"Morning, Nesta," he says around a mouth of blueberry- lemon. "Elain."

Nesta's nostrils flare, but Elain peers up at Cassian, blinking twice. "He snapped your wings, broke your bones."

I turn to look at her. She seems to know things that we don't. I still haven't been able to stop thinking about what she said. That Azriel would kiss me. It feels unreal so I chose to ignore it but it's hard.

"It'll take more than that to kill me," Cassian says with a smirk that didn't meet his eyes.

Elain only says, "No, it will not."

Cassian's dark brows narrow. I watch as Feyre goes to Elain side, touching her too-bony shoulder. "Can I set you up in the garden? The herbs you planted are coming in nicely."

My convincing her to garden worked pretty well since she also began to plant seeds outside.

"I can help her," I say, standing up as Elain silently rose.

"Won't you come with us?" Feyre asks, moving her attention to me.

"Where?"

"The library. To find information about the wall," she answers.

"Um..." I look at Elain and then to Azriel. "Okay, I'll go."

He gives me a nod, "I'll help her."

Nesta monitors him like a hawk, but keeps silent as Elain takes his hand, and out they went.

Cassian grins, finishing his muffin, "Ready for some flying, Nes?"

"Don't call me that."

Feyre then winnowed away leaving me with the two. Traitor.

"Um, I'll get to the skies now." I back away and light travel to the House of Wind. It's much easier to avoid the awkward tension they cause.

I turn around just to see Feyre's crash landing on the veranda.

"Are you okay?" I rush to her side to help her up.

"Fine, still working on my landings." She chuckles, brushing the dust off her leather.