Chapter 11 - Anger

Song - Best of You (Foo Fighters)

"No. There's gotta be another way," Thomas insisted.

"Like what? You've seen the building. She is our only way in," Gally stated firmly.

I looked between the pair. I didn't know what to think. Could I face her again? After everything she had done.

"You really think she's gonna help us?" Thomas asked.

We all stood around a circular table. Gally, Thomas, Newt, Fry, Brenda, Jorge and me.

"I don't plan on asking for her permission," Gally maintained.

"Am I missing something here? This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?" Benda hissed.

I smiled at Brenda. God, I love her.

"I like her," Gally remarked, reading my mind.

"What's going on?" She asked me, softer.

"El? You were the closest with her?" Fry turned to me.

I sighed,

"Look I would gladly choose to never see her again. But...this isn't about who I like and dislike. This is Minho we're talking about,"

Thomas went silent, mulling it over. The whole room was quiet. Until Newt glared at Thomas.

"What, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt?" he spat. I looked up in surprise. Thomas also blinked rapidly in shock.

"Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?" my brother sneered.

"Wait Newt, what the hell are you talking about?" Thomas murmured.

"Teresa! She's the only reason that Minho's even missing in the first place,"

He started stalking towards Thomas, pushing him further away from the table.

"Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back. And what? You don't want to because of her? Because deep down inside you really care about her, don't you? Just admit it," he accused.

"Newt, I-"

"Don't lie to me!" He exploded grabbing him and slamming him against the wall. I jumped from the sudden rage, placing my hand over my mouth in shock. Gally placed his hand on my back in reassurance.

"Don't lie to me!" Newt repeated even louder.

Where was this coming from? Why would Newt even think for a second that Thomas was interested in Teresa?

Newt's grasp on Thomas loosened. Like a switch had been flipped in his brain. Or he had realized what he was saying.

"Sorry," He whispered to Thomas. He slowly backed away from his boyfriend and turned to us.

"I'm sorry,"

He left the room.

Thomas looked at all of us frozen in shock.

He turned and ran out of the room, chasing after Newt.

The rest of us remained in our places. Trying to comprehend what just happened.

"Let's take five okay? Let them do their thing and we'll come back," Brenda sighed before leaving the room followed by Frypan and Jorge. Just Gally and I remained.

I glanced up at him.

He motioned with his head out the door. I nodded and he grabbed my hand and gently pulled me out onto the roof.