Chapter 14 - Phase One

Song - Born For This (The Score)

"Keep a low profile... I know you tend to do the opposite,"

I rolled my eyes even though Gally couldn't see me under the massive black mask.

"I can be subtle," I grumbled back.

We turned a corner and entered a garage holding countless Wicked vehicles and soldiers. We walked beside a glass wall looking into the building.

And as I glanced to the side, I saw Teresa walking with two soldiers. I smiled to myself.

Phase one complete.

As a gap in the wall appeared Gally and I joined in front of the others, holding our guns close to our bodies. I tried to stand as tall as I could to try and look... menacing? I don't know but hopefully, Gally towering over all of us might do the trick just fine.

We came to a door with a keypad beside the door handle.

Teresa stepped in front of Gally and I, before she swiped a card and punched a few numbers into the keypad. The screen turned green, and we heard a click. Teresa opened the door and the rest of us rushed inside the stairwell.

Newt, Teresa, and Thomas started heading down,

"Hold on. Hold on," Gally said while coming to an electrical box, "I can get in here,"

We all lifted off our masks.

Gally examined the box as the boys ordered Teresa to stay on the steps,

"Throw me the walkie," Thomas ordered. Gally did as he asked before turning back to the box.

Thomas went down a few flights of steps, scouting the area.

"You sure you can get in there?" I asked Gally beside him as he got to work on the box.

"You underestimate my skills," He smirked back.

I heard a wheezing cough behind me, so I turned to see Newt bent over the rail, gasping for air.

"Woah, woah. You okay?"

I put my hand on his shoulder and wiped the sweat off his brow. He was boiling. Pale. And his eyes were going bloodshot.

"Jesus, you look awful, what's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing, nothing, just hot in this bloody mask," He wheezed plastering on a weak smile.

"Newt are you sure-"

"Frypan, we're in," Thomas spoke into the walkie-talkie as he came up the flights of stairs back onto our level, "How you doing?"

"Yeah, I'm getting there. Tell Minho "Hi," for me," I heard Frypan's crackly voice on the other end of the walkie.

"Hang in there, buddy," Tom assured.

Gally swung open the electrical box.

"This'll work," he breathed. I came up beside him to watch him fiddle with the contents of the box.

"Brenda, what's your status?" Thoams asked over the walkie.

"Status is, I'm working on it," Brenda's voice crackled over the machine.

"Copy. Just make sure you're ready on your end,' Thomas replied.

"Don't worry... You know I'm gonna be there,"

Gally finished up by attaching a machine to the electrical box door.

"All right, let's go!"

We all fled down the stairs.