Chapter 2

"Zhan? Zhan!"
Xiao Zhan was awakened from his nightmare, and when he woke up, he saw Aunty Fang who was calling him. He was a unable to recover for a long time.

Aunty Fang had taken care of him since he was a child, but before that, Xiao Zhan had not seen her for more than four years.

After thinking about this, he got up and looked around again.

The room was his own room. Looking at the familiar furniture and layout, Xiao Zhan stroked his neck unconsciously.

There was neither pain nor tenderness there, but how could it be? Wasn't he already dead?

"Zhan , it's time to go downstairs to eat, and..." Aunty Fang looked at him hesitantly and said, "Your father seems to have something to say to you."

"Aunty Fang, what year this year?"

"It's 2019, what's the matter?"

Xiao Zhan looked a little wrong today, his expression was in a daze, and there was a cold breath out of his whole body,

'Did he already know about that?'
Aunty Wan watched Xiao Zhan grow up since he was a child. After thinking about it this way, she couldn't help feeling a little distressed. She was about to sit on the bedside and comfort him a few words, but Xiao Zhan looked up at this moment and said, "I see, Aunty Fang, I'll go down right away."

Everything around was all too real, so he was reborn?

Xiao Zhan sat on the bed for a long time before he got up and went downstairs.

It should be summer at this time. Looking out from the floor-to-ceiling windows of the living room, the brilliant sun fell on the dark blue water of the pond in the garden and the sky blended in one color, and the crystal water sparkling under the sun.

His father, Xiao YaoZu was sitting at the dining table for dinner, and when he saw Xiao Zhan coming downstairs, he raised his chin and beckoned him to come over for dinner.

Xiao YaoZu was still the same as in his memories; well maintained, and in good shape at a glance. From the outline of his facial features and face, he must be a handsome man when he was young.
Thinking of what Lin Chao said to him before he died, Xiao Zhan couldn't help but clenched his hands.

At that time, Lin Chao accused him of having no eyes to see right or wrong and not knowing people, but in fact, Xiao Zhan's biological mother had passed away when he was just two years old.

He only knew that his mother was suffering from severe depression. Soon after she was admitted to the hospital, she jumped out of the window of the ward. But at that time, his father told him that his mother was cut off from her family and she also suffered from postpartum depression, that was why she chose to end her life in that way.

What could a two-year-old kid know? In addition, his father kept repeating such words in his ear since then, which made him believe it was true.

He was really so stupid that it was beyond redemption, and now that he thought about it carefully, he discovered that there were indeed many fishy things, especially the look in the eyes of other people, which seemed sympathetic yet ridiculing.

Like what Lin Chao said, many people in the upper circle were well aware of the troubles in their family. Unfortunately, he was open-minded and optimistic by nature. If he couldn't figure it out, he would simply throw them aside and ignore them!

Looking at Xiao YaoZu who was eating not far away, Xiao Zhan really wanted to rush to him and question him, asking him how he treated his mother at that time.

Over the years, even if he didn't say anything, when he faced his so-called family members, he could still feel the obvious estrangement.

In order to work hard to integrate into them, he had always been very good to these people, and even his monthly salary, excluding necessary expenses, was spent on these people.