Chapter 10

Good morning everyone! 🎐
Rise n' Shine💜

Enjoy
******

The engagement banquet of Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo was held as scheduled, and the place chosen was at the mansion of the Wang family.

Looking at the people in the hall chatting and laughing harmoniously, Xiao Zhan finally understood Wang ZongTong’s deep meaning.

He did this simply because he wanted to affirm Xiao Zhan’s identity and status and introduce him to everyone at the same time.

But it could be seen that most of the people who appeared at the banquet were young, between 20 and 40 years old. If Xiao Zhan was right, they should be of the same generation as Wang Yibo’s uncles, as well as Wang Yibo’s relatives and friends.

This made Xiao Zhan a little confused. On the one hand, Wang ZongTong took an enlightened attitude towards Wang Yibo’s sexual orientation. On the other hand, he seemed to take his own face into consideration and didn’t want to make this matter known to everyone.

At the beginning of the banquet, Xiao Zhan glanced at Wang Yibo pppnext to him, and said, “Why did your grandfather agree to you marrying a man? When you came out with them, they didn’t say anything to you?”

Wang Yibo dressed more formally today, a silver-gray suit with a white shirt. The sleeves of the shirt were slightly longer than those of the jacket. A pure black silk handkerchief was inserted at the neckline. The tailoring and texture of the clothes made him handsome and meticulous at the same time.
This meticulousness included his temperament and even his hairstyle.

Xiao Zhan wore the same clothes as him, which was also one of the reasons why he felt awkward.

Wang Yibo was in a good mood this evening. He could hardly suppress a smile when Xiao Zhan asked him, saying: “I am 28 years old this year. Since I discovered my sexual orientation, I have fought with my family for almost 13 years.”

“Then, I could say I’m more fortunate?”

“You can say so.” Wang Yibo paused and said again: “We are getting engaged today, but your friends and co-workers did not come to attend.”

His tone had no accusations, but there was a touch of regret.

“I’m different from you. I don’t have your power and wealth, and I can’t stand other people’s rumors and slanders. I did this, exactly because I don’t want to make it difficult for myself.”

Just like this engagement banquet, the same thing fell on him and Wang Yibo, but in the eyes of others, it represented two completely different concepts.

For Wang Yibo, they would think that he was courageous, not afraid of the eyes of the world, as for himself, they would never put him in the same position as Wang Yibo.

This evening’s engagement banquet, Xiao YaoZu, Song WanRu, and Xiao JiaJun were all invited to attend. They stood there, and even though the longing and expectation could not be hidden in their eyes, others would still consciously keep a certain distance from them.

Because in the eyes of those people, Xiao YaoZu and Song WanRu sold their sons for prosperity, and Xiao JiaJun was hitching a ride to the sky on the dragon and phoenix. These were all cheap and undignified behaviors.

Xiao Zhan’s tone was flat, but the smile at the corner of his mouth seemed a bit mocking. Seeing Xiao Zhan staring at his own family, Wang Yibo did not speak any more.

He didn’t quite understand emotional matters, but he clearly knows that no one has the courage to be honest about their sexual orientation in front of others unless they love each other to a certain extent.