Chapter 3

Jerryline08 first comment on this story ❤️ thankyou soo much

There was an awkward silence in the room. With his head down, Xiao YaoZu didn’t notice Xiao Zhan’s abnormality, and said, “Although it embarrassed you, that plastic factory was the painstaking effort of me and your mother. I don’t want to see it disappear just like this.....”

“I’ll go see him!”

Rudely dropping these words, Xiao Zhan had already gone upstairs.

Looking at his back, Xiao YaoZu only felt that today’s Xiao Zhan gave him a sense of unfamiliarity and alienation, cold and indifferent in a strong degree, and he didn’t even seem to respect him enough, but when he thought of finally achieving what he wanted, he couldn’t help feeling a little excited. After saying a few times of ‘good, good’ himself, he raised his voice and said: “I will make an appointment for you!”

On the bedside table in the room was Aunty Dang’s warmed milk for him.
Seeing that she was pulling the curtains, Xiao Zhan closed the door and said, “Aunty Fang, do you know how my mother died back then?”

Aunty Fang stopped. When she turned around, Xiao Zhan realized that her face was pale. After hesitating for a moment, she said embarrassedly: “Zhan, I came here after your mother passed away...”

“No, Aunty Fang, you must have heard of something. At this house, only you treat me sincerely. So, even if it’s you taking pity on me, could you tell me what you know? Please?”

Through her good friend, Aunty Fang knew that the Xiao family was hiring new servants. After an interview, she became Xiao Zhan’s nanny.

Aunty Fang watched Xiao Zhan grow up since he was a child, and she had always sympathized with him. So, after hearing him say this, she just walked to him and sat down beside him without saying a word.

She believed in Buddhism. Over the years, she had always hoped that Xiao Zhan would know about these things, but subconsciously, she felt that these things would cause great harm to Xiao Zhan. Therefore, as early as many years ago, she secretly made up her mind that unless one day Xiao Zhan himself asked what happened she would never tell him ever in her life.

Her thoughts were relatively simple, and she felt that this kind of thing was better for her to tell than hearing it from other people.
“Zhan, my good friend told me these things. Although she was a servant at your house before, I don’t know if what she said is true...”

“Don’t worry, Aunty Fang. I will let someone investigate this matter.”

Xiao Zhan didn’t want his mother to die in vain, and he also didn’t want to wrong a good person.

Perhaps, in his heart, there was still a glimmer of hope, thinking that his father would not be so cruel to his mother.
“Before I came, your dad fired all the servants in your house...... It was just shortly after that your mother passed away... My good friend told me that less than three months after your mother gave birth to you; Song WanRu once came here and looked for her once. At that time Song WanRu was already pregnant, and according to her words, that child belonged to your father...”

Seeing Xiao Zhan not speaking, Aunty Fang continued: “They were arguing very badly at the time. Your mother asked all the servants in the house to go out. When they heard Song WanRu’s screams and rushed in, Song WanRu had fallen in a pool of blood on the first floor. Your mother....... at that time, she was standing on the second floor looking at her......”

“They believed that it was my mother who pushed Song WanRu down?”

“More than that. Song WanRu also said the same after she woke up.”