6. Don't lose your Head

Luke's POV

I lay there, looking up at the sky. Scott was next to me in his own sleeping back doing the same thing. I always had a fascination with the universe. I always wondered how big or how small it actually was and now that I had access to an educational place like Epcot, I guess I could go and find out. I wish I had this Epcot when I was growing up. Granted I never went, but from what I've seen in 1995 versus what's here in 2010 and onwards it just seems like this was the time to go. After say 2002 everything went down hill.

"You ever wonder what's out there?" I asked suddenly.

"Not really," Scott replied. "The only thing I wonder is that universal question 'Why?'."

"Do you ever wonder about life or anything?" I asked.

"Heh, nice joke." He snickered.

"It was a serious question." I replied, not understanding where I'd not been serious.

"Oh," He said. "Well I guess I wonder about it a lot. 'What if?' this and 'What if?' that. You know how it goes."

"Yeah," I replied. "Yeah I do."

"So, how's your time compared to mine?" He asked.

"Well, we're more technologically advanced for starters." I replied.

"What about Epcot? Is anything different there now?" He asked.

"Oh boy, different? You should be asking what's the same," I replied. "For starters, Horizons was demolished twenty three years ago. Second, literally every pavilion's either changed or closed. There's been a massive criminal case that's been running for donkey's years now."

"Criminal case? On what?" Scott asked.

"I don't really know. Apparently it's something like 'That's been stolen!' 'They stole it!' 'Oh, they stole that too because they stole this!'" I replied.

"What was stolen?" He asked.

"Stuff from the Haunted mansion ride according to what people have told me." I replied.

"Like what?" He asked.

"Clothes, wigs, hats, you name it." I replied.

"When does that happen?" He asked. I put my hands in the air to signal that I hadn't a clue.

"Right," he commented. "Do you mind if I ask some questions on some Pavilions in specific?"

"I probably won't be able to answer them but okay." I replied.

"Is the Universe of Energy still open?" He asked.

"I think it's being renovated into something else." I replied.

"What?" He asked.

"You wouldn't know what it is yet." I replied.

"Oh I see." He said.

"Enough of me though, let's hear about you," I said. "You like it here?"

"It's a nice place I guess. Quite educational, but it gets quite repetitive when you've seen all the attractions a million times." He replied, laughing a little at the end.

"I guess so," I said. "Has anything interesting happened since you've been here?"

"Not since the 'A day at Epcot' documentary they did in 1991." He replied.

"Oh?" I asked.

"It was basically a souvenir thing that guests could purchase at the gift shop. It was basically just a massive showcase of the park and everything in it and a massive advertising scheme to get more people in." He replied.

"What's the interesting part?" I asked.

"I saw them filming it, I also might have been in it at one point." He replied.

"Oh really, when?" I asked.

"Dunno, I've never seen it." Scott replied.

"You sure know a lot about this place." I said.

"Well I have been here long enough to know it all." He replied.

"Yeah," I said, not know what to say. "What time is it?"

"Ten Thirty." He replied.

"better try getting to sleep then." I said, turning to my left side.

"I guess," He replied. "Night."

"Night." I said as I slowly felt myself drift off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I was in a school. There were lockers and people everywhere, so I assumed that's where I was. I went to my locker and opened it before taking my stuff out and heading into a classroom.

I sat down next to a girl that was roughly my age.

"Hi Luke." She said, taking a notebook out from her bag. She took a pen from her hair, before readjusting it and starting to write the date on the first page of the book.

"Why do you have pens in your hair?" I asked before taking out a chemistry set that I was given. She laughed for a moment.

"Because I don't have a pencil case, and because it keeps my hair neat." She said, patting her hair.

"Right.." I replied, pulling out a scruffy old notebook I had and opening it to one of the pages. Then, a student ran into the classroom, completely breathless.

"What's up with him?" The girl next to me asked, looking at the kid who'd just ran in.

"Dunno." I replied. I decided to go and investigate, so I decided to do it inconspicuously.

I slowly got up from my seat and made my way over to the spare equipment cupboard where all the spare Chemistry stuff was kept. I opened it and pretended to grab some stuff. I leaned back and looked over my shoulder to see the kid and a girl next to him talking to eachother. The boy was just staring at her like a zombie, not minding what was happening right in front of him. His chemistry set was going up in a cloud of yellow smoke. I turned as I heard fizzing and then a pop. I looked back to see both the boy and the girl covered in yellow dust. The girl was absolutely fuming as she stormed past the boy and out of the classroom.

What bad luck I thought as I made my way back to where I was sitting. I sat down, nothing in hand.

"What were you doing?" The girl next to me asked.

"Seeing what they were saying, but I couldn't hear anything." I replied. Then, we heard a loud scream in front of us. the kid that had had an extremely hard time was now running around the classroom going completely nuts.

"He's lost his head." The girl next to me murmured.

"Damn right he has." I replied as the kid ran past the teacher that was trying to tackle him and out of the classroom and into the corridor.

That's when I woke up.