33. Dropouts

Luke's POV

We eventually made it to the dorm. We went inside to see Jack, Miguno and Collot playing a board game.

"Hey Legoshi," Jack said, getting up and coming towards us. "I saw you weren't here last night. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," He replied. "Everything's just fine."

"Who's this?" Jack asked, pointing to me. "If it's another new guy, I swear you need to slow down on bringing boys back here."

"Don't worry," Legoshi replied. "It's Luke. He's just... had a few changes.."

Jack narrowed his gaze as he looked at me.

"Prove it." He said.

"You're called Jack," I replied. "That's Miguno and Collot. You bullied Legoshi a few days ago because he had a crush on me. I then proceeded to shout at you and you fucked off."

Jack's gaze stopped narrowing and returned to normal.

"Alright," He said. "How'd you come to be a fox?"

"Zack shot me with a dart." I replied.

"Zack, like the Zack that's been missing for two days?" He asked. I nodded.

"Where's he gone?" Miguno asked.

"He's joined the Shishigumi," I replied. The group gasped. "What's even worse is he's joined as co-leader alongside Louis."

"Louis?" Collot asked. "As in.. our Louis?"

"Yeah." Legoshi replied.

"Is that where you were last night?" Jack asked. I nodded. "Where'd you sleep?"

"A hotel." Legoshi replied quietly.

"With no money?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, so what?" He replied.

"The only hotel that gives out free rooms is that cheap place in the Neon District." Jack said.

"So?" I asked.

"The inter-species-friendly couples one?" He suggested. The group looked at me and Legoshi. I heard him gulp from next to me.

"Well," He began. "Yeah.."

"You two slept in the same bed?" Miguno asked.

"Yeah," I replied before Legoshi could make a silly excuse. "Why are you questioning it? Is it because you're jealous it was me instead of you he decided to sleep with?"

"Forget I asked." Miguno muttered.

"Now, um.." Legoshi said, sitting on his bed. "I have something to tell you guys."

The group listened in.

"Remember when I got into that fight with Riz?" He asked. The group nodded. "Well, after I was arrested for that and eventually let go, I was given a ton of restrictions that conflict greatly with my presence at this school. That's why I've decided I think I want to drop out and go find myself somewhere to live."

The group gasped.

"Y-you're leaving the school?" Jack asked. "Do you know where you're going to stay?"

"In my mums old place." He replied.

"And... and you're sure you want to do this?" Jack asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

"You're going to live the rest of your life out alone?" Jack asked.

"No of course not, Luke's coming with me." He replied, putting his arm around me.