9. Where are you?

Zack's POV

I was on the sofa in our apartment watching TV. Luke left about an hour ago to 'Go for a walk' and hasn't returned.

Must've gone for quite a big walk I thought.

It kind of reminds me of the time that we were angry at eachother. Luke was gone for about 2 or 3 hours before he actually came back, so he's kind of unpredictable. I heard my phone buzz from across the room. I got up, sighed, then hobbled towards it before picking it up and looking at the notification.

--------------------------------

Are you alright? - Judy
10:51AM

--------------------------------

Yeah, I'm fine. Just suspended from the force for a few days - Zack
10:51AM

--------------------------------

Oh, that's not good. How's Luke? I've tried texting him but I think his phone's off. - Judy
10:52AM

--------------------------------

He just went for a walk. Idk where he is tho - Zack
10:52AM

--------------------------------

When he gets back, tell him I said hi. - Judy
10:52AM

--------------------------------

You got it - Zack
10:53AM

--------------------------------

That's odd I thought. Luke doesn't usually turn his phone off unless he's upset or angry.

I decided to ring his phone. I scrolled through my contacts until I saw his name come up. I pressed it and my phone immediately started trying to call him. It rang once, twice, three times, four times, five times.

Come on Luke, pick up.

Six times, seven, eight, nine, ten.

Luke, please pick up.

Eleven, CLICK!

Oh thank-

"Heyo, this is Luke. Looks like I can't get to the phone right now. Leave a message. Chow!" The answering machine said.

Shit I thought It's gone to voicemail.

I hit hang up before it could record a message. What was I to do now? Use find my iPhone? I tried it. Luke's phone came up on a map. It said that his location was at the place Madge had all of her experiments, and even worse, where the machine was. It said that it'd lost connection with his phone, so I assumed the worst.

I quickly grabbed my keys and rushed out of the apartment before running down the stairs and out of our building. I raced around the back of the apartment building, paws crashing against the ground like rocks during a meteor shower as I reached car park and got in Luke's car.

I took the keys and jammed them into the slot before starting the car and hitting the gas. I drove madly down the street, narrowly dodging cars and people as I did so. I knew you weren't supposed to do this, but I plugged my phone into the car and dialled Nick and Judy. They both promptly picked up.

"Hey Zack, what's up?" Nick asked.

"Luke's gone to Haymarket. I'm afraid he's using the time machine." I replied.

"What?" Judy asked.

"I don't know where he's going to go in it, but I need to stop him." I replied.

"Oh I forgot to tell you," Nick said. "Finn called me to say he met up with Luke."

"When?" I demanded.

"About an hour ago." Nick replied casually.

"Goddammit!" I screeched into the microphone. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I didn't think it was very serious at the time," Nick replied. "You know how they hang out sometimes."

"You should have told me the moment you received the call!" I yelled. "He's probably half way across the universe by now!"

I yanked the steering wheel to one side as the car careered into a lane in Haymarket. I slammed on the brakes as I threw my phone into the back of the car, before taking my seatbelt off and dashing towards the building. I smashed through the door and dashed towards the locker that housed the machine. I swung the door to the storage locker open and saw that it was, as expected, completely empty.

"Luke why?" I cried as I fell to the ground, slamming my paw on the floor as hard as I could.

"Ahem." A voice coughed from in the distance. I looked up. It was Finn.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Where's Luke?" He asked.

"He used the time machine, he's gone." I replied.

"Time machine?" Are ya nuts? Time machines don't exist." He said sitting next to me.

"Look in there if you don't believe me," I said, pointing to the locker. "There's no machine, no Luke, no nothing. He's gone."

Finn looked in the locker.

"What's the matter wit you, man?" He asked. "if 'e ain't here, then we gotta go look for 'im."

"It's not that simple," I replied through gritted teeth. "Luke has travelled through time, not space. Finding him is impossible as we do not have a means to time travel."

"Then whadda we do?" He asked.

"There's nothing we can do," I replied. "Unless you know someone who has a time machine."

"What, like that doctor Rash or whatever she's called?" He asked. My eyes lit up.

"Madge! She has a machine!" I exclaimed. Then I remembered, it had been taken from her. "You know how to steal?"

"'Course I know how to steal. I've been doin' it since I was born." He replied.

"Then I've got a job for us," I said. "It's time to get the band back together. One last time."