45. Spies

Luke's POV

Me and Legoshi stayed at the party 'till everyone got bored and left. At that point, we were ready to spy.

Unfortunately, we hadn't really thought over the whole alcohol idea, so when Bill challenged Legoshi to a drinking competition, things took a turn. Both started out strong, drinking a heck of a lot. After a while however, I could tell that Bill was starting to get to breaking point. His speaking got more and more slurred, he kept tripping over literally nothing and he kept giggling. Legoshi looked a little roughed up, but he was miles better than Bill. Eventually, Bill collapsed and was taken home, leaving Legoshi as the winner. Well, the drunk winner.

"I don't know why you agreed to that." I said as he shuffled towards me, cautiously looking around as if he were in trouble or something.

"Neither," He said really slowly. "But Bill's an assshole."

He tripped and fell into me.

"Whoops." He giggled, clawing at my shirt. I rolled my eyes.

"Now you're drunk I don't think we can do this spying thing." I said, trying to get him off of me.

"We're becoming spies?" He asked, getting excited. "Do we get codenames? Ooh, ooh, mine should be wolf."

"Should it?" I asked like a parent to a small child. He simply nodded, smiling uncontrollably. "I think we should go home and be spies tomorrow."

"Oh but I want to be one now!" He demanded like a child, slamming a fist down on my knee.

"Tomorrow, Legoshi." I said, trying to help him up.

"But it's my birthday!" He pleaded. "And I want to be a spy!"

"Come on, you're severely drunk," I said. "We can't be spies when you're off your head on alcohol."

"Yes we can!" He replied, small droplets of spit covering my face. "Where is it?"

"It's Louis's place." I replied.

"Louis? That annoying assshole of a deer?" He slurred. "I hate him you know, he's so annoying. He's such an asshole, he's so annoying, you know I hate him right?"

"Yes..! Yes I know you hate him already!" I yelled.

"Jolly good chum!" He yelled back. It was beginning to show how long of a night this was going to be if Legoshi was this annoying when he was drunk. "Wot's the plan?"

"Just.. spy." I replied.

"Jesus you're so boring, you know you're boring?" He asked. "I'll lead the way, you be my sidekick."

"What?" I asked, clearly not understanding any of the words coming out of his mouth right now. "No, we can't spy on them now. You're extraordinarily drunk."

"Good." He said, poking my snout. I grunted, before heaving him up and out of the venue.

When we got out onto the streets, Legoshi was barely able to stand on his own, so I had to assist him.

I had to find a way to get to the Shishigumi headquarters without walking. I looked up and down the bleak and empty street, trying find a cab or something. Eventually, I saw one and I rushed over to it whilst dragging Legoshi along behind me.

"I need to go somewhere." I panted as I reached the car.

"Where?" A badger asked.

"The Shishigumi tower, I don't know the address." I replied. The badger looked at me, then at Legoshi, then back at me.