20

"Hah!"

Haknyeon awoke from a nightmare with a start. His breathing was stuck, as though a lump had formed in his throat. He tried desperately to calm himself, to stop his heart rate from racing, and to breathe normally again, but the panic and trauma of the experience made doing so extremely difficult.

His trauma and panic prevented him from taking even a single full breath.

"Haknyeon ah!"

Haknyeon heard a voice but could not distinguish whose it was. He was still somewhat disoriented from the vivid and terrifying nightmare, which left him disoriented and confused. The voice was too unfamiliar for him to recognize who it was, especially given that he was still processing the entire nightmare experience.

Kevin, who had been reading, was startled by Haknyeon's sudden awakening. He tried to soothe him, but Haknyeon was clearly still gripped by the terrifying nightmare he had just escaped from. He was in a state of panic and terror, which made it difficult for Kevin to calm him.

"Haknyeon ah. You just dreaming. Wake up" said Kevin.

Chanhee went inside when he heard a commotion inside the room.

"What happened?" asked Chanhee.

"Help me, Chanhee. I can't calm him down" said Kevin.

Chanhee went closer to the bed and help Kevin to calm Haknyeon.

"Haknyeon? Hey, it's okay. You just dreaming. Take a deep breath" said Chanhee.

"No... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." Haknyeon babble.

"Haknyeon, you need to snap out of it" said Chanhee.

"No..."

"Hey. Hey"

Chanhee gently cupped Haknyeon's face in an effort to comfort him. Haknyeon was still frantic and panicked, but his breathing had begun to slow. Chanhee kept a close eye on him and stayed by his side as he comforted Haknyeon through the nightmare-induced panic.

"It's okay. It just a nightmare. There's nothing to be afraid" said Chanhee.

His breath is shaking but his gaze never went away from Chanhee.

"Cha... Chahee..."

"Yes. I'm here. I'm right here" said Chanhee.

Tear flow down to his cheek. Chanhee rub it away with his thumb.

"It's okay. It just a nightmare" said Chanhee.

Haknyeon went into Chanhee's arm and embrace him. Chanhee rub his back.

"It's okay now. You're okay" said Chanhee.

Kevin also let out a relief breath to see Haknyeon has calm down.

"Was it really scary nightmare?" asked Chanhee.

Haknyeon nodded.

"Do you want to tell me what the nightmare is?" asked Chanhee.

Haknyeon shook.

"Okay. You don't have to tell me. It's okay" said Chanhee.

"You okay? You didn't get any hit?" asked Chanhee to Kevin.

"I'm okay. Why don't you take Haknyeon to the kitchen and have a drink" said Kevin.

"Let's go, Haknyeon"

Chanhee take Haknyeon to the kitchen and he give a glass of water to him.

"Here you go"

"Thank you" said Haknyeon.