Chapter 6

Logan's POV

As I stepped on the accelerator my eyes wouldn't stop roaming around the rear-view mirror to look at her fiddle with her fingers in the back. I wanted nothing more that to let her go, make her happy. However something was forcing me to keep her with me. An itch at the back of my mind that I didn't want to discover. Something about her made me weak, and it was dangerous.

When we finally made it to Ashton's layer, I could sense the tension easing down and the danger heating up.

"Austin, Jack come with me, Adam stay with her in the car and make sure she doesn't do anything stupid." I commanded before my partners followed me inside the abandoned building.

Rats were running around the floor, eating through anything possible and insects were surrounding the dirty area. The appalling stench was wafted around the ground we walked. At the end of the dump stood my client, Ashton Wells - son of a well known business tycoon such as myself - a drugster, and criminal.

"Ashton Wells, I had been waiting for your call for a while now. I still hadn't received my money on our... business deal." I stated, not specifying my selling female escorts illegally.

"Logan, what can I do? You see, I have been having... financial trouble. I was hoping to ask for an... extension"

"Now now Ashton, why would I give you yet another extension after the last three. It's either now or never" I coldly warned. He looked around the room, talking to his men with his eyes, before his men walked out of the room, leaving him alone with me and my men.

"Logan, I'm afraid you will have to forgive me this time. You don't really have much of a choice."

"Who said I didn't?" I questioned confidently; knowing what was coming next.

"I did"

"Did you now?"

"Well I guess you're doing me a favor by not believing me. I'll be making history once the world knows who killed the greatest criminal in the world. NOW!" he screamed.

Instantly, bullets were being shot our way, but predicting the move, I ducked. Running back outside, dodging every bullet in the way was something I was used to doing by now. As we approached the outside, I spotted Adam and Emily outside the car. Adam rushed to the front of the car, putting the key in ignition while Emily stared wide eyed at the three of us running back. She froze as we neared.

Just before we arrived the car, a shooter from the top of the building aimed their gun towards her, which she didn't notice as she remained stationary in her position. He was about to pull the trigger when something inside me clicked. I didn't want her hurt or touched. I wanted her to be safe and unblemished. The need for keeping her safe and happy pinched my insides as I sprinted forward when the trigger was pulled, forcing the bullet through my chest instead of hers. Darkness started clouding my vision as I saw my friends approach me and Emily erupting an ear piercing scream before she fell down to my level, her eyes tear stained, wishing for me to be alright.

Only one thought invaded my mind before darkness took over: I took a bullet for her, and I would do it again.

Emily's POV

He sprinted forwards at the last minute before he flinched and started to fall to the ground right before me. As I focused my gaze on him, I realized that he had been shot in the chest. I looked up to find a hooded shooter aiming the gun at me when it clicked. He took a bullet for me. The thought was repeated in my mind as I let out a scream I had been holding in before collapsing to the ground next to him and apologized repeatedly. The guys were by my side immediately helping him up into the car, their voices were blocked out of my ears as they put him in the car and sped the vehicle down the lonely lanes. My hand was tightly pressuring the wound as I thought of ways to save him. A need of saving him pushed through my head as ideas flew by my brain.

Soon enough we arrived the layer and the guys lay Logan down on the metal table. Their voices started reaching my ear as I descended from my thoughts. They were planning on taking him to the hospital with an excuse when I interrupted.

"I need a pocket knife, tweezers and a first aid kit." I demanded before the guys looked at me in confusion.

"Emily the bullet is in the chest you could kil-"

"Just bring me what I asked for!" I yelled, cutting Austin off from his words. A wave of guilt passing through me as his words ringed in my head like church bells. I can't let him die. I won't let him die. I thought as they ran out of the room. I walked back to his body and started removing his layer of clothes, exposing his glorious, god carved figure with sprinkles of blood and wounds in front of my eyes. I traced the wounds before reapplying pressure on the blood.

A few minutes later, the guys returned with the equipment. I took the pocket knife from the table making a small incision by his wound. Carefully I located the bullet before pushing the tweezers in his chest, fiddling with the layers of tissue and muscle. Sweat was trickling down my back as I moved the tweezers around to position it on both sides of the bullet. As I tightened the grip on the bullet, my heart was pounding in my ears. Slowly, I started pulling the bullet out, praying to god that I wouldn't mess it up. As the bullet reached the top surface of his chest, I quickly snapped it out and placed it on the desk before releasing a huge breath. With more confidence, I picked up the gauze and wrapped it around his chest, finishing the process.

As soon as the procedure was done, I lifted my bloody hands from the desk and placed them on my sides observing my work. On the other side, Jack, Austin and Adam watched me in surprise and relieved as I saved their boss and my kidnapper. Before I knew it, Austin was wrapping his arms around me, thanking me for saving Logan.

"How did you do that?" he questioned.

"I took a summer course at a hospital when I was a little girl. I always wanted to be a doctor back then" They all nodded and thanked me before placing Logan on a bed in a room.

I walked back to my own assigned room , heavy with thoughts. But one main one: My kidnapper took a bullet for me, and I saved him.

A/N

She saved him!!! Does anyone have any ship names for Emily and Logan?? Also, I will be publishing a new book soon called Cursed so please check it out!!

Here is the description:

Alison Stones is like any other ordinary high school stereotypes. Her only concerns are school and college. But when a history project causes her to walk into an old castle with a legend, Alison is shocked with what she finds.

She walked into the wrong place with the right intentions, and it changed her life.

All it took was one person,

Brian Wilson.

Picture of Adam to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha