Chapter 27

Emily's POV

A knock sounded on my door, shaking me from my thoughts. I looked at the clock on my bedside table reading 8:00pm sharp. It was time. I took a deep breath, straightening my skirt before grabbing my purse and walking out towards the door, on the other side of which lay my target. I swung the door open, meeting a happy looking Deklan. He wore a casual blue suit and held a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"Hello beautiful, these are for you" He greeted, handing me the flowers. I faked a smile and picked them up thanking him.

"I'll go put these in water, I'll be right back" I replied to him as I walked back into the apartment, tossing them carelessly away into the trashcan instead.

Walking back, I allowed him to guide me out of my building into his car. The ride was silent, the tension floating in the air. He asked me a couple questions that I answered briefly.

Upon arriving at the five star hotel restaurant, he held the door open for me, and guided me towards our table, his hand placed on the small of my back. We sat down in silence, giving our orders to the waiter who quickly hurried off after being intimidated by Deklan.

"Listen Emily, I know you probably don't want me to bring this up, but I have to. What you saw that day-"

"Don't" I stopped him. I knew where he was taking this, and I couldn't bear to listen to it. I knew his reasoning would be fake; I simply didn't want to listen to it. "I want to start over Deklan, I don't want to go back to that" I reasoned, wanting to simply move on with the plan. He smiled placing his hands over mine, nodding at me.

"I would like that very much" He replied. I smiled back, before the food arrived at our table. "So what exactly happened between you and your sister?" he questioned. I looked into his eyes, my rehearsed speech ready.

"A couple days ago me and my sister got into an argument about something stupid. And she being Larissa, did what she always does in these situations, she went to a bar, and ran off with some guy. She called me that night, she was drunk and she told me that she hated me and that she was running off with that guy. I didn't think she was serious, I mean she was drunk. But then for three days straight I didn't hear anything from her. I just hope that she is safe" He held my hand tighter, giving it a light squeeze.

"Hey, don't worry she'll be alright, I'm going to help you find her ok? And I won't stop until we have" I looked into his eyes and wondered how he managed to manipulate people so easily. My thoughts drifted back to Logan. Was he the same as Deklan? Would he manipulate me that way? He is a criminal, just like Deklan. But somewhere deep in my mind I knew that wasn't possible. Logan may be a criminal, but he wouldn't manipulate me like that. He saved my life on several occasions when he could have just let me die. I soon felt myself drifting away, but was brought back to earth when I heard Deklan call my name.

"Sorry what?" I said, focusing back on my mission. He chuckled, a laugh that I once loved, a long, long time ago, when I was too naive to understand anything. That was the old me.

He continued conversing with me, until the rest of the night went by.

Logan's POV

The door opened and soon, she walked in, looking as beautiful as she always did. Her eyes landed on mine and she didn't even spare me a glance before sighing and dropping her things on the couch.

"I see you're not surprised to see me" I commented, getting off the couch, following her as she walked into her kitchen.

"Nope, I'm actually used to it" She replied, gulping her glass of water down. "So, what are you here for this time Miller?" she asked, walking back towards the living room, me following her like a puppy dog.

"I want to know your plan" I urged, seating myself on the couch opposite hers.

"Well, I take him back, he makes me do his tech work again, I get the information I need, I save my brother and I expose him. Simple" She stated, elevating from her seat, her hands on her hips. I smiled and got up from the couch, slowly walking towards her.

"You make it sound so simple, but let me remind you Emily, Deklan is a criminal, and he's smarter than you think. I know you might hate me, but you're going to need me if you want your brother back." I finished my words as I arrived right in front of her, towering her small figure. Our faces were inches apart and our breaths were mixing as we looked into each other's eyes. My eyes lingered on her lips for a short second before I moved them back to her eyes. I could feel her racing heart beat and I was desperate to finally do what I had been dying to do since the day I met her: kiss her. But I knew that would only end up in chaos, and chaos is not what we needed right now. Despite that, I realised I had leaned in towards her, and she wasn't moving back, but the timing just wasn't right. Our faces were closer than they had ever been, begging to bring each other to peace, our heartbeats racing. I could smell her rosy breath as we simply looked into each other's eyes. But I regained control of myself and moved back, walking straight out of her house without uttering another word, or waiting for anything else, before it was too late.

I had already fallen too deep with her, how long could I really go on before I lost control of myself?

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter!! Chapter thoughts? Future Predictions?? Comment below and tell me what you think! Also, I have published a new book so please make sure to check that out, it's called Carter and it's part of a series of books I will be writing!! Thanks!!

Picture of Emily's lookf to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha