Chapter 34

Emily's POV

"FBI are still still searching for this new found criminal but so far there have been no traces of Deklan Johnson and his crew" I flashed the television off, sitting back in my chair as I laced my fingers through my hair. It had been three days since we exposed Deklan. Three days since he ran away. Three days since I said goodbye to Logan Miller.

A few hours after our exposure, the news had been spread around social media and news channels. The CIA and FBI had sent out search parties for Deklan and his minions and started digging deeper into the case.

I had gone back to work and pretended like nothing had happened, falling back into my daily routine. I avoided Logan at all costs, but it was for the best. I had chosen to leave that life behind, it was time for me to move on. To start a new chapter of my life.

But fate certainly didn't agree with me.

The door to my office suddenly banged open, and my eyes widened at the sight ahead of me. He shut the door, walking in slowly, taking cautious steps towards me, as he spoke in a dangerous tone.

"You should be careful with your actions next time sweetheart, they can cause a lot of trouble" I stood silent, contemplating weather it would be useful to run for it. My eyes lingered on the door for a brief second before it snapped back at the tone of his voice. "Oh don't even think about it sweetheart" I stopped, noticing his features. His eyes were dead shot, and held nothing but anger and his clothes were dirty, just like the rest of his appearance. A fake smile appeared on his smile as he approached me. "Why did you do it Emily? I mean after you helped your brother escaped I just assumed that you would let it be, but you exposed me? Your boyfriend?" he put a hand to his heart and put up a fake expression of pain. Heat rose to my face as I realised the anger that had risen within me, making my fists clench. He had used me, tortured my brother and had completely broken me. I didn't do no less.

"My boyfriend?" I scoffed "Boyfriend my ass. You tortured my brother. Used me as your tech girl, making full use of my innocence and then you have the audacity to say that? You are nothing but a traitor Deklan, a pure son of a bitch. You deserved what I gave you. Have fun in jail when they catch you" There was a glint of fire in his eyes, and before I knew it, he lunged for me, taking me down with him as he delivered a punch to my face.

"You made a big mistake Emily, and I will make sure you pay for it"

Punch

"I am not someone you want to mess with"

Punch

But thankfully he didn't get to a fourth punch. In the next minute, my door flew open again, and a raging Logan dashed up to my side, kicking Deklan off me. He picked up the lamp from my table and smashed it on his head, knocking him out cold before he could protest.

His attention snapped to me and he bent down, grabbing my hand to get me off the floor. I complied, despite the pain that emerged from my swollen face.

"Come on" was the only thing he said as he left Deklan's motionless body on the floor and dragged me out of Miller industries, into his car.

Logan's POV

I gripped the steering wheel tighter trying to get a hold over my anger. We drove in silence, no one uttering a word. She had left me, said goodbye. And it was painful, an emotion I hadn't been able to feel since I had killed my father. Somehow over the years I had become a monster, but she made me human.

"How did you know he was in my office?" I heard her faint voice snap me out of my thoughts. I looked back at her for a brief moment; her eyes were focused outside the window.

"I didn't. I just came dow-"

"Don't lie to me Logan. You barged in ready to attack" she cut me off. I re-focused my gaze on the road, looking away from her.

"Cameras" I briefly answered. She didn't reply, and so the journey continued.

The rest of our journey continued in silence, until we reached my penthouse. We elevated with thoughts dug deep into our minds, words at the tip of our tongues, but none of us spoke.

She sat down on the couch, deep in thought until her phone vibrated. Her face hardened and she crumpled the phone in her hand, her eyes shut. I strode up to her, grabbing the phone from her clenched fist to read its contents.

This is just the beginning sweetheart.

-D

My own fists clench as I my orbs scanned the message. I heard movement shuffle around me before the flick of the television turn on.

Emily was seated on the couch with a glass of water as if the message had only affected her for a split second.

"What are you doing?"

"Watching TV" she replied casually.

"Are you-"

"Nuts? Quite frankly, no. But this is never going to end is it Logan, once I got involved, there is no turning back. So I might as well start getting used to it." She snapped, refocusing her gaze on the screen.

"Look, I know-"

"No you don't" she cut me off once again "don't try to tell me that you know how hard this is, or how this it's going to be alright. You and I both know that there is no escaping now. He'll be there wherever I go, and if not today then someday he will get to me." She finished her speech, making my rage increase. I was determined to keep her safe, but I would only be dragging her deeper into the criminal world. A world she didn't want to be in.

Life had sure played with our lives.

I noticed I had spaced out as she elevated from her seat and turned the television up.

"-of another criminal. 26 year old Logan Miller, CEO of Miller Industries, is now high up on the wanted list by the FBI. CIA and FBI are working together to bring Deklan Johnson and Logan Miller to justice. For more, stay tuned tonight..." the sound of the television faded in the back as my eyes widened with great intensity, making my eyeballs pop out of their sockets.

"What the hell? How did that happen?" Her eyes looked deep into mine as she spoke, my fists clenching.

"Deklan did this. This is what he meant through his message. He just started a war." There was a sudden bang, shaking us both from our thoughts.

"NYPD OPEN THE DOOR!"

A/N

Logan Miller has been exposed!! What do you think is going to happen now?? Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and tell me what you think!! Also, I want to dedicate this chapter to  for all the support! Thank you!

Picture of Emily to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha