Chapter 36

Emily's POV

Pleasure. Relief. Sparks. Happiness. Joy.

Some of the words I felt as his lips fell on mine for the first time. I was consumed with utter pleasure and upon natural instinct I responded, molding his lips with mine hungrily. There was a desperate need to kiss him harder, a need to be with him. We had resisted for too long, but now I knew that it was right. Even if it was the most sudden thing in the world, it felt right, it was right. My arms were snaked around his neck and his hands were on my back, pushing me closer to him if that was even possible. My mind was solely focused on how perfect everything seemed as my body was joint to his, how I never wanted to move, and in the background everything was forgotten. The fact that Deklan was after me, or the fact that the police was after Logan, or the mere fact that the very person I was kissing with such desperate need was one of FBI's most wanted. Everything, and every reason that defined how wrong it was to be with each other was drowned in that kiss.

It was too soon that we pulled away, due to lack of air, but also because of the buzzing in Logan's pocket. He fished out his phone, connecting it to his ear.

"What?" He commanded, sounding pissed. I couldn't hear the conversation through the other line, so I stood there, my cheeks flushed as I watched the man I was kissing not two seconds ago now talk on the phone. "Fine, come to the motel" he replied, snapping his phone off. He looked at me, my cheeks burning of embarrassment. "Come on" he replied calmly, grabbing my hand and dragging me back to the car. So many questions were at the tip of my tongue, but all refused to be released.

He drove in silence, the kiss long forgotten. But thankfully the trip wasn't too long, we arrived at another crappy motel in less than fifteen minutes, scrambling out of the car. I didn't question him as he continued walking towards the rooms. He stopped at room 301. Again. It all clicked as the flashback approached me. Room 301. His mother's room at the rehab center. I kept my inner discovery to myself as I followed him inside. This time, the room was completley normal. It was a simple dorm with a bed, a table, a chair, a small closet in the corner and a bathroom. I sat myself on the chair, facing Logan as he started pulling stuff out of the duffel bag.

"What now?" I dared to say, hoping we could talk about out previous intimate interaction.

"Well, I'm not the only one whose has been exposed, Austin, Adam and Jack have been too, but we need supplies and a plan to get rid of Deklan. Austin will be here in about five minutes. You will go with him, and I will get rid of Deklan, then you can go back to your own life." His words broke me as he walked back in forth in the room, avoiding my gaze at all costs. I didn't open my mouth. I had no words, I was beyond caring anymore. Not matter how hard we tried, things never worked out between us. Yet I seemed to love him more than I should. Dangerousley more.

His words were right as in the next minute, there was a patterned knock on the door, before Logan opened it to greet Austin, Jack and Larissa. Instantly, I was tackled into a hug by my sister. I hugged back, embracing her into me. It seemed ironic how my sister and I never learned from our brother's mistake, we still fell into the trap with the criminals. We dug a deeper whole into the ground on our own account.

"I heard what happened, are you alright?" she questioned. I simply nodded, faking a smile to comfort her. But the truth was that I was not alright. Deklan was after me, I had just kissed Logan and I wanted to do it again, but he was avoiding it like the plague. Nothing added up. And I was not alright. One simple action had the power to shatter my heart, a heart that I build walls up against. But I had let my guard down, and now it was permanently gone, exposing the scars that had laid beneath it. I had spaced out as the rest talked in the back. I decided to follow with the plan.