Chapter 8

Logan's POV

My hands were humid and sweat was trickling down my back as I lifted my hand to knock on her door. I didn't know what was wrong with me for the past twenty-four hours. Every minute I was away from her, I wanted to see her. She was always on my mind, like a drug. I was getting nervous about seeing a girl! God, something is really wrong with me. Slowly, she peeled the door open; a confused expression on her face. She opened the door wider and let me through.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. I masked my whipped look and focused on the job.

"This is my layer princess and I can do whatever I want with it. Now, this is your outfit for the gala tonight. And these are your shoes, purse and your makeup. Be ready in an hour and meet me in the coffee room." I stated, dropping the things carelessly on the bed and walking out. As soon as I was out, I let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding. Get it together Logan. You need to get laid. ASAP.

Walking back to my office, I sat on my chair, loosening my tie. Somehow, she was glued to my head 24/7. She was on my mind even if I was drunk. What was this girl doing to me? And when she told me about her anxiety, I just wanted to hold her to me. I want to be the reason she is happy and stops hurting herself. Hell, I even started hunting the people who murdered her brother. I'm so whipped, I thought before I forcefully pushed the thought away and started preparing for the gala. In all honesty, I didn't want Emily anywhere near Ashton or any guy for that matter, I wanted her to be completely safe. I didn't want meant ogling over her perfect sculpture. But I had to prove to Austin, Jack and Adam that I wasn't having a soft spot for her, even if I was.

Pushing that aside, I focused on my original mission, and started preparing for what was coming.

*****

"Do you all understand what you have to do?" I questioned my crew. They all nodded, exasperated from my constant lecture. "Good. Where are you going to be Adam?" I questioned, still looking at a map of the Wells mansion. When he didn't answer, I looked up to see my mates staring at something behind me. I turned around slowly, only to be completely stunned. In front of me, was the most beautiful girl in the entire universe. Emily stood there, the red dress that I gave her clung perfectly on her curved body. Some of her sparkling, ginger hair was held up by pins whilst the rest of her hair cascaded down in natural waves. She looked absolutely gorgeous, and I wanted nothing more than to take her back to my room and make love- No stop. You cannot do this. You cannot fall for her. I stopped myself from my vivid thoughts and pulled myself back to reality.

"So, do I look okay?" She asked, snapping my friends out of their bubbles.

"You look hot!" Adam exclaimed, whilst Jack and Austin laughed. I wanted nothing more than to rip Adam's head off for saying that. I didn't want him to make comments like that to her. Emily rolled her eyes as she then looked at me, asking for my opinion. I wanted to tell her that she looked absolutely breathtaking. That she was the most beautiful girl I had ever met. But just for her safety, I settled with

"You look good. Let's go." Even so, a small smile made it's way to her face as she blushed and looked away. I picked up my weapons and we made our way to the van.

Emily's POV

I fixed the V neck chiffon A line floor length red dress on my body. It was absolutely amazing. It had a slim silver belt on the middle, silver embroidery on the straps and it was backless, making it even more gorgeous. I fitted my pumps, took the clutch and walked to the coffee room. I had kept my makeup and hairstyle simple, not wanting to look too goddy. As soon as I opened the door to the room, I heard Logan speaking.

"Good. Where are you going to be Adam?" but they weren't looking. Their gazes were now on me and they eyes were wide. After a second, Logan's eyes landed on me and I blushed furiously at how handsome he looked in his blue Armani suit and tie. The guys were looking at me with mouths open. Not being able to take their heavy gazes on me, I spoke up.

"So, do I look okay?" Instantly, Adam responded.

"You look hot!" I rolled my eyes. Typical Adam. The others laughed, apart from Logan, he had a look of anger on his face. So I looked at him for his opinion.

"You look good. Let's go." Is the only thing he said. But somehow, I sensed there was more than he was letting on, I smiled slightly and blushed again, facing away immediately.

Soon we were sitting in the van as Logan went through the plan again.

"Okay, so, I'm going to enter the party with Emily. Then, you are going to go look for Ashton. You do remember what he looks like right?" he said pointing at me.

"yes"

"Good, so then you seduce him and as soon as you are bringing him to the back door, click the button on your watch. When you come out through the back door, Jack and Austin you will sedate him and Adam, you take care of the van. I will meet you out back. Understood?" We all nodded in unison. "Good." And then, we rode in silence.

A/N

I know it's short but the next one is much better! Chapter thoughts?? Please check out my book Cursed if you haven't already done so. Thanks!

Picture of Emily's look to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha