Chapter 28

Emily's POV

My heart raced as we leaned into each other, my mind begging me to simply accept my true feelings for him, to simply join my lips to his, feeling the passion that was consuming me. But I refused, and by the looks of his next move, so did he. He walked away, and in the blink of an eye, he was no longer in the air that had covered him. I pulled out of my tempted state, walking straight into my bedroom.

How my life ever got to this, was a rhetorical question that would never have an answer. Slipping into my bed, I wondered of the first time I had met Deklan. It was something so casual, something that would have seemed normal to anyone. It was a stage in my life that I felt happy for the first time in a million years. He had interviewed me for a job in his office, as a recruiter. He was different. He was caring, and kind. He was everything I had ever wished for. But it turned out to be a lie. Every minute of it, every second of it was a lie. A big fat lie.

But that's not even where it ended. Life screwed me over, just when I thought I was escaping my past, I came to realise that I was just running closer towards it. I ended up with criminals, again.

Words were not enough to describe the way I felt about Logan. He was the complete opposite of Deklan. He is ruthless and powerful. But he cares. As much as I wanted to convince myself against it, I didn't believe it. Deklan was a bastard who came out as a nice person. But Logan, he was a bad person who refuses to reveal his care for people. He was hiding behind a secret that makes him believe differently about life. And I wanted to change that, I wanted to open Logan Miller and make him believe in what he couldn't.

*****

"Can you find her location?" I questioned with a fake sense of worry in my tone as Deklan placed his phone down onto the table of his desk. His smile increased, informing me of my plan that was clearly working.

"I have her location, come on" He advanced towards the door, me on his tail. I followed him as he seated himself in his car and drove us to one of Larissa's friend's house.

Upon arriving, my sister came rushing out the building, as practiced and stopped when she saw me, pretending to be shocked. I got out of the car, dashing towards my sister and embracing her in a hug.

"Where the hell have you been? You have no idea how worried I have been over you Larissa!" I yelled, enough for Deklan to hear me as he got out of the vehicle and came to stand behind me. My sister faked a few tears before crying into my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Emily, I shouldn't have done what I did. I'm so sorry. I've always been so irresponsible, forgive me please?" I looked back at Deklan who was victoriously smiling at me, which would eventually lead me to the second part of my plan.

"Come on, let me take you home" I replied, guiding my sister into the car. Deklan silently drove us home, the whole way nobody uttering a word.

As we approached my house, I guided Larissa up the stairs into my apartment, Deklan following the whole way. Once she was in, I closed the door to my room and walked back to where Deklan was in the living room.

"Thank you so much, you have no idea of the weight you have lifted off me Deklan. I don't know how I will every be able to repay you" He smiled once again, taking steady steps towards me, stopping right in front of me.

"I told you, I will do anything for you. I will never stop loving you" A slight smile appeared on my face, slowly leaning in towards the devil as he did the same. Our faces were getting closer by the minute, my lips ready to taste the disgust of his. As expected, in the next second, I was plastered into his chest, as his arms circled me, caging me in a way. The taste of his revolting mouth against mine as he tried to kiss me the way he used to before. But that was long gone. In me, remained no feelings at all for this man, nothing but regret and anger. Nevertheless I went along with the kiss, for the sake of my brother. Once it gladly ended, I looked to his face, his victorious smirk back on it. "Work for me. Come back to me Emily. I promise to never hurt you ever again" He proposed, making me smile interiorly, my goal being achieved. I pretended to think about it for a moment, before slightly nodding my head, not wanting to look desperate. He smilled even more, before pecking me one last time as he let go of me and starting heading towards the door.

"I'll pick you up Monday morning" he called out by the door, shutting it with the thought of his win.

As soon as his presence was gone, the door to my bedroom opened, and Larissa walked out, a questioning look on her face.

"Well? Did it work?" I nodded my head.

"It worked"

Logan's POV

I banged my fist against the table once more, the sight of him kissing her was doing worse than just boiling my insides. I shut the laptop screen with the secret cameras I had hidden in her living room. Storming out the office, I walked to the coffee room, slamming the door shut and pouring myself yet another glass of whiskey. I sat buried in my thoughts, rage consuming me that I didn't notice the sound of Austin entering the room, sitting on the chair next to me.

"Get lost Austin" I demanded, the effects of the alcohol getting to me. Every minute that passed by, the image of his mouth on hers was brought to my mind, and my rage increased, so did my sorrow.

"You saw it didn't you?" he simply replied, moving the glass of whiskey away from my hands despite my complaints and remarks. "Answer me Logan" I laced my fingres through my messy hair, my sorrow getting the best of me.

"What is happening to me?" I questioned as barely a whisper. This wasn't the usual me.

"You're in love with her Logan. That's all that's happening."

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter! Chapter thoughts? Future predictions? Comment below and tell me what you think! And Happy New Year to all of you! I hope you all have a wonderful year!!!!

Picture of Larissa to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha