Chapter 7

Emily's POV

He was chasing me down the street, gun in one hand, shovel in the other. I sprinted as fast as my legs would allow me before I came to the end of the street. A black van pulled up just then, blocking me between the murderer and his gang. I turned around to find the cock of a gun pointed in my direction. I shut my eyes, waiting for death to take me; but as the shots were fired, I didn't feel anything. Slowly, I opened my eyes and saw the gun pointed in the direction of Joseph. Blood was leaking out of his head as he collapsed on the ground slowly. I ran to him and fell on the floor next to him, collecting him in my arms as I yelled.

"Joseph! No! Stay with me, please! Joseph!"

I suddenly felt my body shaking up and down. Soon enough, my eyes snapped open and I found myself panting for air. As my breathing calmed down, a hand landed on my shoulder and a voice followed it.

"Are you okay?" As I followed the source of the voice, I realized it belonged to Logan. He was in sweatpants and a grey sweatshirt, looking hotter than ever. The bandage was still on his chest, reminding me of the earlier events. I nodded, placing a hand on my speeding heart to calm it down. "Emily what happened to your arms?" he asked. My confused eyes landed on my arms to see large, red scratch marks across it. Instantly, my heart started racing again as I recalled my past. "Emily?" I heard Logan say after a minute of silence. A mental debate was going on in my head about whether I should tell him or not. But before I could control it, I blurted it all out.

"I suffered through anxiety a few years ago" Logan took my arms in his examining them as he ran his fingers around my marks, making me shiver but feel warm at the same time.

"Don't ever do that to yourself again." He commanded as a half whisper placing my hands back down. I simply nodded, appreciating his worry.

"Emily, whose Joseph?" he suddenly asked, a hint of anger in his voice.

The question took me by surprise as I started fiddling with the bedsheets, trying my best to hold back the unshed tears that were threatening to fall. I bit my tongue hard to control myself before I regained my confidence.

"Um... Joseph was my twin brother" He looked amused for a second before answering.

"Was?"

"Uh... yeah he... he was murdered five years ago" I couldn't tell what he was thinking since my eyes were focusing on my lap rather than his face. But with the sudden feel of his hand on my shoulder, I seemed to calm down.

"I'm sorry." I looked up to find a apologetic smile on his face as he looked deep into my soul. I shook my head and waved it off, not wanting to go deep into the memory.

"It's okay, don't worry about it. How's your wound?" I asked, pointing at his chest. He looked down at his chest for a moment, before looking back at me. A smile appeared on his face as he looked into my eyes.

"It's fine, thanks to you."

"Well you did take a bullet for me so I guess I kind of owed it to you." He looked back down, nodding his head with a slight smile.

"Come on, Jack's getting breakfast" He replied as he got off the bed, walking towards the door.

Upon arriving the coffee room, Jack, Austin and Adam were already laughing inside. Jack and Austin were seated on the coffee table eating, whereas Adam was busy eyeing his laptop.

"What's going on here?" Logan's voice echoed the room as he asked. Instantly all the laughing stopped and silence penetrated the room.

"Well, you will be pleased to know that I have found a way to capture Ashton without being tackled down by bullets"

"Spill"

"Alright, so his father is throwing a gala in three days, and guess whose on the guest list?"

"Ashton" Logan said, voice filled with rage.

"Yep."

"Alright. Get me on the guest list. Austin and Jack will be outside with the van. I can't go that near him since he knows me and them so you will go for him" As soon as he released the plan, I started laughing. Their faces turned to me as they looked at me like I was mental or something. "Something funny Ms. Dufon?" Logan asked, folding his arms on his chest as he now stood right in front of me. My laughter arrived to an end and my cheeks were pink of embarrassment by my previous action.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't know a guy like Ashton could be gay. Especially a playboy gay." They looked at me in confusion as their eyes wandered around the room looking at one another.

"Gay? When did we say Ashton was gay? He's not gay. He is a playboy, but not gay" Austin replied from the other end of the table.

"Well if he's not gay then why the hell are you doing a woman's job" Once again, their eyes were in utter confusion as I spoke.

"What do you mean?" Logan asked.

"Well It would be smarter if you hired a woman to seduce him and bring him out." I stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Silence conquered the room for a nice while before Austin spoke up again.

"She has a point, seducing him would be a much better way. You know, you're quite a genius." He said looking at me.

"I know" I bragged, flicking my hair in pride. For another minute, there was silence as Logan look at the floor, his hand on his head, deep in thought. He then composed himself, a smirk drew on his face and immediately, I knew I wasn't going to like his decision.

"Emily, how would you like to get a ticket out of this place?" He asked me. My thoughts unscrambled as I realized what he was saying.

"Oh hell no. Don't even think about it Miller. I meant go hire a prostitute or something. I am not doing this. No way." I turned around, wanting to walk out the room when his hand caught mine, turning me back around.

"If you do this, I will let you go" He stated.

"That's what you said last time."

"This time I will have it in written"

"Why me?"

"Because you are smarter than an escort" He said, making me stop in my tracks. "Think about it, if you don't do this, I won't ever let you go and then you will have to spend the rest of your life here. With us." My eyes averted to his only seeing honesty in them. I placed a hand on my face and another around my stomach as I thought the whole situation. I would be helping a criminal organization, committing a crime, a fallony. But on the other hand, I could go home, be free, and maybe never be caught. The image of my house and my soft, leather couch tempted me as I thought of a decision. And then, I had my answer.

"Fine, I'll do it."

A/N

There it is! Chapter thoughts?? What do you think is going to happen? Please check out my book Cursed if you can!!

Picture of Joseph to the side---->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha