Chapter 31

Emily's POV

"Deklan, I have to go, I promised my sister lunch tonight!"

"Oh come on, stay. You promise your sister dinner every night since we got back." he whined, trying to pull me back on the couch. For the last hour I had been tolerating his mouth on mine as the sound of Fast and Furious played in the background, and I wanted nothing more than to get out of his disgusting embrace. The images of my scared brother popping into my head every time he kissed or touched me was making it even harder for me to carry on with the act.

"Well this time, Jordan will be there. It's girls day!" I exclaimed, pecking him one last time before running out of his house.

I drove silently back to the lair, my mind recalling the memory of last night. I had finally done what I had promised myself I would, I had opened up Logan Miller and figured out the reason why he was the way he was. I cringed at the mere thougt of his past, and suddenly, I pitied him. Logan Miller was a dangerous criminal, but on the inside he was as human as any other human. But the more deep I fell into the trap, the more I realised how wrong it would be to be with such a man. Focusing on the original mission, I walked into the lair, keeping my head high. Upon entering the coffee room, I squeaked by the sight in front of my poor innocent eyes. Larissa was sitting on the coffee table, Jack stood between her legs, as they sucked each other's faces. Now this was a sight I hoped I never had to see.

"Jesus Christ! My eyes! My eyes! Stop! Stop! Oh my god my eyes!" I backed away, covering my eyes.

"Emily? I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were there!" she exclaimed with an apologetic tone. I looked back slowly, finding Larissa off the table and Jack standing two feet away from her with his hands behind his back, looking down.

"Oh my god, I'm never going to get used to this. I think I need to puke." I turned around, walking out of the room, meeting Austin on the way to Logan's office.

"Ok please be honest, are they making out all the time?" I asked him as he approached me.

"Pretty much"

"Great" I cringed at the mental image "Where's Adam?"

"On a date with your friend Jordan"

"Oh perfect. So my sister dates one criminal, and my best friend the other. Fan-tastic" I replied sarcastically.

"Yet you don't seem to be doing anything about it"

"What am I supposed to do about it? Larissa is my older sister, I can't just tell her who to date. And as for Jordan, me telling her not to date Adam will only make her hate me. What can I do?"

"Well then maybe you should let whatever is happening happen. You know, it's kind of curious how your sister and best friend seem to be dating the people they want to, despite us being criminals, and you aren't." I froze at his statement. Why would he say that? He can't possibly know anything.

"W-what do you m-mean?" I stuttered, trying to get away with it.

"Don't play dumb with me Emily, I think it's pretty obvious what's happening between you and L-" I thanked the gods as he was suddenly interrupted Logan. I sighed of relief as he didn't get to finish his sentece.

"Emily, I need you to come with me." Austin smirked at me before dissappearing round the corner. I walked towards Logan and stopped before him.

"What's going on?" He stopped, his jaw clenched, as if he were mentally fighting himself on something. He then grabbed my wrist, dragging me out the lair. I didn't utter a word as he continued taking me to his car until after ten minutes of driving, I got really curious.