Chapter 37

Emily's POV

My eyes fluttered open, squinting at the bright light penetrating through them. My vision adjusted to my surroundings, taking in a small white room. I looked around, noticing a small table next to my bed with a chair tucked neatly underneath; an empty closet next to a bathroom door. A typical motel room. And that's what it was. The door to the room flung open, and Larissa walked in with a tray full of food in her hands.

"Morning. How are you feeling?" She questioned with sheer simplicity, her tone faltered. The events from last night flooded my mind: The explosion, Deklan. Austin's death. Deklan's murder. I had simply passed out after the trigger had been pulled by none other than myself and Deklan had collapsed on the floor lifeless. Not the slightest bit of guilt consumed me as I remembered my actions. I focused my attention back on Larissa before sitting up on the bed.

"I'm alright. Where is everyone?" She placed the tray of food on the table before coming to my side.

"Jack is outside, attending a phone call, and well, Austin is..." There was a minute of silence as her words faded away. One name in particular itched at the back of my mind that I finally asked after a minute of silence.

"Logan?" Her eyes disconnected with mine and focused on her lap.

"Well the FBI are after him so he decided to-"

"The truth Larissa. I know when you're lying" I replied with an exasperated sigh. A long pause filled the air before her eyes met mine again.

"I don't know. After Deklan died he took off. He couldn't look at Austin's body, he just told me to tell you to be safe and he took off" A flash of pain hit me in my chest at the mere thought of him taking off. I flung my legs off the bed, walking to where my shoes were in the corner of the room. "Emily, it's not worth it. The FBI are after him-"

"So what Larissa? Am I just supposed to keep living with the fact that I love him but I did nothing about it? How long? How long will it take before I do what feels right? All my life, I did everything wrong, Joseph, Deklan and a lot of other things. But this time I'm not going to mess it up, I'm not going to give up, because he is what's right for me, he makes me complete. Not even the FBI will stop me" I confessed. A faint smile appeared on her face, showing her approval. Without another word being said, I put on my shoes and looked back at my sister one last time for a long time.

Then I left.

*****

Toss.

I watched as he threw another stone into the water, making it skip through the transparent liquid and finally drown. He picked up another stone, this time bigger tossing it once more. I leaned against the bark of the tree, observing as he continued for a few more minutes.

"I highly doubt this will solve your problems with the FBI" he turned around in a flash, a shocked expression on his face.

"Why did you come?" His tone was cold with a slight sense of worry.

"The motel room was getting rather boring" I shrugged. There was a moment of silence, our eyes looking deep into the other's. There was nothing else. Just silence.

"You should go" he said, his eyes dropping from mine as he bent down to pick up another stone.

"So what, we can forget about each other? Forget that we love each other or that we want to be with each other?" I replied being utterly straight. He faced me again, letting the stone slip from his hands as he walked towards me.

"Don't you get that I have been exposed? That the FBI are after me? Are you seriously telling me that after all the hell I put you through and will put you through if you remain with me that you still want to be with me?" I took a step further, slowly trying to close the gap between us, showing my level of determination.